Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Skyline-tastic (defectors post)

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2003, 10:24 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Exclamation

Well sold my WRX and bought what I've allways wanted. Had it just over a week and only cleaned it yesterday, needed some good polishing, but came up sweet. Awesome car, know what everyone on the skyline register means by the skyline smile

I know I need clear indicators, but they are circa £300 New wheels will be my first purchase me thinks.

[Edited by jameswrx - 11/16/2003 10:27:57 AM]
Old 16 November 2003, 11:19 AM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

very, very nice m8.

get the clear indicators, but don't get new wheels. they suit the car to a tee!
Old 16 November 2003, 11:20 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Talking

looks good m8, how does it compare to your scoob??
Old 16 November 2003, 11:35 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.

It's slightly modified (stage 1 on a Skyline), de-cat, exhaust system, HKS filters, different ECU (runs 1bar).

It's a completely different car to the scoob, with the mods on it it's probably around 380-400bhp I've been informed, but lets say around 380bhp. It drives completely different, basically they drive like RWD cars and as you can Imagine it's quite 'interesting'. I never knew (until I bought it), that they are in RWD until traction is lost, then the front wheels are given power(i thought they were 4wd all time, but intelligent).

Pull away in first, floor it, the back squats, turbos come on song, feels like it's ripping the road up, the back will squirm and loose traction first off (feels unreal fast), then the front wheels are given power and it pulls like hell out of the wheel spin/squirm, similar thing in second (with less wheel spin (unless wet), they rev their nuts off too. Just keeps going, and going. Feels really solid, excellent driving position, like a little cockpit.

Gotta get used to the handling though, basically if you've got the ***** it's quite easy to step the back out and go sideways. I'm still trying to be careful, but what I can feel the idea is it goes sideways, then you keep it floored (which is quite unnerving after driving permanent 4wd) and the front wheels come in and pull it out of the slide.

Basically though it's the biggest grin I've ever had, unreal, trouble is you allways want more power
Old 16 November 2003, 04:20 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i wouldnt change the wheels either

orange bits look terrible tho, how can sumbody justify £300 on a set of indicators
Old 16 November 2003, 07:26 PM
Davie
Scooby Regular

I am thinking of buying one of these cars mate. Have you got any under bonnet pics? Are they all imports, and if so who are you insured with!

Davie!
Old 16 November 2003, 07:33 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Cool

sweet
thats exactly what i'm after in the new year. agree with the above about the wheels think they look excelent, unless your after 18inch volks spend the money on the indicators and if anything lowering a little??
does it have a roll cage? if so does that effect the dreaded insrurance?
where did you get it from?

cheers mike

[Edited by FASTER MIKE!! - 11/16/2003 7:35:27 PM]
Old 16 November 2003, 07:44 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Top motor mate! I think the indicators would look could smoked!!!
dave
Old 16 November 2003, 09:39 PM
C
Scooby Regular

I've been looking at one of these for a while - R32, the purest of all the GTR's

I can feel a 500bhp one early in the new year

Looks very nice
Old 16 November 2003, 10:30 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Mike, the roll cage is only a sort of half cage, no front part to it, was going to take it out, but think it might be a good idea. You'd be suprised about the insurance I think, not that bad.

All I can say to anyone considering one is, do it if you can!

I've allways wanted one and seeing them at Santa Pod on 12th Oct finished me off. Since then, I sold my motorbike, WRX and bought the GTR, not bad going eh?

All I've done is give joyrides in it for family and friends since I've had it. Had some good reactions.. usually go something like, "I can't believe it!, I can't believe it!, that is scary", repeated rather a lot very loud

Davie, under bonnet shot here

C, 500bhp would be nice, R32 is the one to have aparantly, but saying that if I had the money it would be the R34. I think I'll do the downpipes and get a louder exhaust (Blitz), need to free up a bit more of the 6 cylinder howl.
Old 16 November 2003, 10:34 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

UGLY ******
Old 16 November 2003, 10:39 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

Smile

yea had an online quote for a car with exhaust and filter and was'nt much more than my moded uk scoob might be able to get something better if shop around

mike