Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Has Anyone got a pic of Sti V7 with Silver Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2002, 10:49 AM
mrdeli
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder whether anyone has a pic of an Sti V7 with silver wheels.... seriously consiering getting my gold wheels sprayed as no matter how much I try to convince myself... they look naff to me. I have also managed to change my rear Sti badge from 'pink' to red
Old 26 June 2002, 11:10 AM
V5-APS
Scooby Regular

YHM
Old 26 June 2002, 11:13 AM
fatcatwrx
Scooby Regular

mrdeli,

You'll find what you're looking for here:

http://photos.smktech.com.au:58885/g...ning&preview=1

Gerrod
Old 26 June 2002, 01:02 PM
mrdeli
Scooby Regular

Thanks
Old 26 June 2002, 01:12 PM
PELHAM
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm surprised that you want to change the wheel colour. I think they look kinda cool. I pick up my Sti this Friday (Can't wait!!) I viewed a previous thread that you picked yours up at the end of last week. What do think of your new motor?

From a very excited Matt.
Old 26 June 2002, 01:39 PM
mrdeli
Scooby Regular

The car is absolutely fantastic... driving wise it just could not be better.

I have had however a few comments concerning the 'gold' wheels and the pink STi badging... so much so infact that I have removed the type uk sticker and have respayed the Sti badge on the boot to red. IMO it looks much better, the Pink badges look very aftermarket - and just arn't for me. This small grumble aside, the car is fab! I have booked my car in to have the wheels spayed silver on Monday, so I'll try and post a pic up if you are interested. I can understand the gold thing, but for me it just grabs too much of the wrong type of attention... I would rather be a little more discreet - but thats just personal taste.

So my Sti, will be standard, but with....

Sti mesh front fog covers, red Sti rear badge and silver wheels.

What colour is yours, mines WR Blue

Old 26 June 2002, 01:48 PM
PELHAM
Scooby Regular

Smile

Mines WR Blue too. I agree that the 'pink' badging is a little naff. I would be very interested to see a picture of your new lamp covers. Are you thinking of changing the low rear spoiler for a high rise? Are you also planning to PPP it?
Old 26 June 2002, 01:53 PM
ids
Scooby Regular

Mines WR Blue too...

Mr Deli - what covers did you get in the end then ? I know what you mean about the type UK badges... very cheap and nasty.

As I had the non-Prodrive version I wondered if anyone had had some of those spoiler extenders fitted ? I think TSL do them.... Dont really know...

Ids
Old 26 June 2002, 02:34 PM
mrdeli
Scooby Regular

I will try and post a pic of my car up on Thursday-

I have bought the TSL spolier extentions - around £145 inc spraying - but I haven't fitted them yet - the bolt holding the spoiler on is a very unusual long threaded affair - not sure quite what to use to remove this yet!

The mesh covers I bought where also from TSL - v. expensive - £195, but they are genuine Sti items and IMO look much better - NB - if you want to fit them you also really need spot lights below - these are NOT fitted to the Sit. NB The TSL price is the same as buying from the dealer!?

The best and cheapest mod I have done to my Sti is to remove the Pink boot badges - The "Type UK" badge peels off very easily with just some gentle heat from a hairdryier - the main Sti badge again wasn't too bad - I used a hairdryer to warm it up, then carefully slide a credit cardup the back and eased it off, using the edge os the credit card to cut through the adeshive tape. Then masked the silver section, sprayed the badge red (using plastic primer) - beleive me it look a million times better. I now just have the Sti badge in red on the back and have kept the Type Uk one in the owners manual.

Can't get my head around why Subaru UK would think we all want silly looking aftermarket pink badges on our cars.... maybe I'm missing something?