Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Back In Impreza ownership

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2021, 06:59 AM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Back In Impreza ownership

After many years away from owning a Impreza Sti and going through some other marques. I have now have got back into Impreza ownership and gone for a 2004 JDM twin scroll, it was a car I would have bought next but I commuted a lot and petrol prices were expensive to maintain at the time. So practicality ruled the day. Anyway will get some pictures up as soon after it gets detailed and some remedies for its age. But here is my old Bugeye Blue/Black which was totaled by the next owner, a shame as it was good runner and was well polished and looked after. So one less Bugeye Prodrive Style but thats the way of things.

Old 13 March 2021, 07:08 AM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Here is a picture of the new car taken when I purchased it, always hankered after a White from having the Blue/Black.

The following 4 users liked this post by Allylearm:
Old 13 March 2021, 09:43 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Very nice, good choice, and welcome back!
The following users liked this post:
Old 13 March 2021, 12:48 PM
Rusti
Scooby Regular

Received 157 Likes on 132 Posts

Very nice indeed
Old 13 March 2021, 02:20 PM
ray54
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks very clean, addictive aren't they.............enjoy.
Old 13 March 2021, 03:31 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Default Wheel Refurb

Wheels refurbed and back to factory spec.

Old 13 March 2021, 03:33 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ray54
Looks very clean, addictive aren't they.............enjoy.
Yes, they can become very addictive and a lot of spare time spent detailing, etc.
Old 13 March 2021, 05:36 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the new Scoob and wheel refurb...I've just found myself coming back on here
looking at Spec C's
Old 13 March 2021, 08:00 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Nice looks clean. Get some more pictures up.

Originally Posted by Allylearm
Here is a picture of the new car taken when I purchased it, always hankered after a White from having the Blue/Black.

Old 13 March 2021, 08:07 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Welcome back mate, looks fantastic 👍
Old 14 March 2021, 05:31 AM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by elgassi
love the new Scoob and wheel refurb...I've just found myself coming back on here
looking at Spec C's
Spec C was a car I hankered for way back in 2007-09, did not have the justification for purchasing and slipped into other directions with family and my gundogs. It has taken a while but finally scratched that itch, looking at other sites including this one a lot of previous owners do make a return to the Impreza. I did like the look of the Blob wide track along with the additions or removals in the Type RA. We will wait and see if it requires anything, but it will remain as near as possible stock.
Old 15 March 2021, 12:07 AM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

had the wheels on my Spec C

welcome back btw

just come back myself but with a JDM Hatch
Old 15 March 2021, 08:51 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

Welcome back.
I love how you down played it "gone for a 2004 JDM twin scroll" without any mention it was the very rare RA!
I absolutely love mine, I've decide to keep mine mostly stock too. It's actually a very capable car already as the weight reduction and better suspension setup gives a noticeable improvement over the standard STi.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures....
The following 2 users liked this post by adam.pah:
Old 15 March 2021, 12:26 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 447 Likes on 371 Posts

Welcome back mate.

Looks like we got another @adam.pah , how dare you not post more pictures of your car (looks like a RA) . He did a similar thing not post any of this very special car loooooool. We don't see many scoobies on the road so more pictures are needed.
Old 15 March 2021, 02:06 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Anger

had the wheels on my Spec C

welcome back btw

just come back myself but with a JDM Hatch
Lovely looking car that. I didn't know they did a spec c in black, that changes everything!
Old 15 March 2021, 02:07 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
Welcome back mate.

Looks like we got another @adam.pah , how dare you not post more pictures of your car (looks like a RA) . He did a similar thing not post any of this very special car loooooool. We don't see many scoobies on the road so more pictures are needed.

Waiting till the better weather gets here.
Old 15 March 2021, 09:58 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam.pah

Waiting till the better weather gets here.
I will try and see what I can do for some pictures and video this weekend, will get some shots of it hopefully in better weather than rain showers currently experiencing. The rear carbon fibre spoiler, the surfboard/wing part needs some re-lacquering. It has rain drop marks on it, so that is one thing I will need to address as my detailing OCD kicks in. I have put on to someone up my neck of the woods who seems to good at such work on Carbon. Impreza is an absorbing ownership, something I was well used to back in my Bugeye days.
Old 15 March 2021, 10:05 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Welcome back mate.

I see a few Scoobies in my locality of varied hues and modding. Not as frequent as back in the 2005/9 but Classics were most seen, followed more sparingly by Bugs and Blobs. Spec C were rarer even then, seen a few imported on Litchfield brand new but were out of my budget at the time. Only seen RA on meets or car photography shoots in magazines. Now a RA-R I have not seen in the flesh.
Old 17 March 2021, 01:43 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

I will try and see what I can do for some pictures and video this weekend, will get some shots of it hopefully in better weather than rain showers currently experiencing. The rear carbon fibre spoiler, the surfboard/wing part needs some re-lacquering. It has rain drop marks on it, so that is one thing I will need to address as my detailing OCD kicks in. I have put on to someone up my neck of the woods who seems to good at such work on Carbon. Impreza is an absorbing ownership, something I was well used to back in my Bugeye days.
You might be able to get the watermarks out without lacquering. I had some bird poo on my carbon fibre spoiler and this stuff sorted the marks. The bird poo was that bad on the body of the car that after a few washes, when the car had dried you could see the stain/marks. I thought the clear coat was done for but after using this stuff it cleared it right up.

I see a few Scoobies in my locality of varied hues and modding. Not as frequent as back in the 2005/9 but Classics were most seen, followed more sparingly by Bugs and Blobs. Spec C were rarer even then, seen a few imported on Litchfield brand new but were out of my budget at the time. Only seen RA on meets or car photography shoots in magazines. Now a RA-R I have not seen in the flesh.
I'm from Brum and you hardly see any these days.
Old 19 March 2021, 06:20 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Default Some Friday pictures

Some pictures of my son and his friend taking their Impreza for a wee run to local park for some pictures. Both are JDM which is good to see being white, not common to get two in same locality.

Old 19 March 2021, 06:54 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Default Some work to do

Looking at the car today after washing it, the car requires some work, nothing major. 1. Detail paint work to what we wanted first time. 2. Back box be realigned and new mid section added along with stainless joints fitted. 3. New Din fitted as current CD has no hands free or sat nav. 4. Fit up to date alarm. 5. Front near side head light to be polished. 6. Rear wing Carbon to be detailed. This is my priority currently, its what I expected with older car ownership. I did notice some paint chips and roof flap could do with some refurbish along with cills refresh along with engine bay detailing like strut bar, but they are not urgent. Just work you can do at your leisure or time and finances allow.

a wee question, what paint color is the Brembo Calipers on a Spec C Type RA 2004. The debate is on the following, either Gold or the Red, what came out the factory when new and classed as standard?

Old 19 March 2021, 06:58 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

You might be able to get the watermarks out without lacquering. I had some bird poo on my carbon fibre spoiler and this stuff sorted the marks. The bird poo was that bad on the body of the car that after a few washes, when the car had dried you could see the stain/marks. I thought the clear coat was done for but after using this stuff it cleared it right up.

We are going down fine fine rubbing and repolishing route.

I'm from Brum and you hardly see any these days.
We are lucky then in our locality. My son has friends who have skylines, Scoobs and Evo. Some are now going down the Toyota Yaris and seem well impressed with its perfomence.
Old 19 March 2021, 07:13 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

We are lucky then in our locality. My son has friends who have skylines, Scoobs and Evo. Some are now going down the Toyota Yaris and seem well impressed with its perfomence.
Quite a few of the performance cars I know who were local have been parked up and stored away. These performance cars are only going up in value at the moment. A lot of people including the youth around here have moved to RS3s and other german offerings.

Enjoy the cars and the good bits of the scene while you can. The council have done so much to stop us, we had Queens Way Tunnels and now they are in the Low Emissions Zone so won't be able to drive through the city centre.
Old 19 March 2021, 07:17 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam.pah
Welcome back.
I love how you down played it "gone for a 2004 JDM twin scroll" without any mention it was the very rare RA!
I absolutely love mine, I've decide to keep mine mostly stock too. It's actually a very capable car already as the weight reduction and better suspension setup gives a noticeable improvement over the standard STi.
Looking forward to seeing some pictures....
spot on Adam....”I just bought a subaru” 😂😂 you bought a beauty mate
Old 19 March 2021, 07:18 PM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Looking at the car today after washing it, the car requires some work, nothing major. 1. Detail paint work to what we wanted first time. 2. Back box be realigned and new mid section added along with stainless joints fitted. 3. New Din fitted as current CD has no hands free or sat nav. 4. Fit up to date alarm. 5. Front near side head light to be polished. 6. Rear wing Carbon to be detailed. This is my priority currently, its what I expected with older car ownership. I did notice some paint chips and roof flap could do with some refurbish along with cills refresh along with engine bay detailing like strut bar, but they are not urgent. Just work you can do at your leisure or time and finances allow.

a wee question, what paint color is the Brembo Calipers on a Spec C Type RA 2004. The debate is on the following, either Gold or the Red, what came out the factory when new and classed as standard?
The roof flap stuff you should still be able to get if you need the trims, washers etc.

Bembos I think were gold but I'm sure @adam.pah can confirm unless they changed them from his model to your model lol.
Old 19 March 2021, 07:20 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

I absolutely seeing the rarer editions pop up here with new owners. Hopefully will get to meet you all later on in the year. Im going to my mates ford days in August etc...
Old 19 March 2021, 07:52 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

The brembo’s are gold from the factory. I don’t know what the paint/powder code is though I’m afraid.
Old 20 March 2021, 06:11 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Default Wash and detailing

A wee run up to Stirling Castle after a wash and detailing.

Old 20 March 2021, 08:54 PM
Allylearm
Scooby Regular

Default Rear suspension kit

I have had a good look at the chassis now and hope to change some bits as the present standard ones were in black and getting crusty after 15/16 years of being on. The car presently has alloy Lateral Links not like the photo but in a I beam materials not in the round like photo. I require a pair of Sti Rear Trailing Arms & Sti Rear ARB as photo. Now trying to source them, but the supplier has went quiet after saying they had some of these parts. So search goes on.

Found this photo dont know whose car it is.
Old 21 March 2021, 01:15 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

I saw a scooby today in the carpark. It has been a while lol.

@adam.pah knows where to get JDM bits I think.

If not I know a guy at Subaru who can get any original subaru parts. He sourced some bits for me for a roof flap and he has gotten things for others where the cars are pushing almost 30 years. Things like a genuine STI V1 intercooler.

His details have been posted before, let me know.

Quick Reply: Back In Impreza ownership