Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Updated car pics

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2015, 04:31 PM
lloydsound
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated car pics

Got a few pics here as promised of the JDM prodrive. Apologies they are not in pure sunlight and on a field lol.

http://s42.photobucket.com/user/lloydsound/library/car

Feeling that the car is running well now. Ironed out a few teething bits such as the top hose and after some advice about the power steering belt i bought one online (although it didn't end up being the problem) A week ago the car stunk of fuel so I took it to a garage, who found a fuel leak coming from the main fuel line and leaking onto the inlet manifold, which he said was pretty dangerous, so I lost the car for another two days and he replaced the pipe (5 hours labour to get to it) and then discovered that the noise wasn't the power steering belt but was a wheel bearing which had worked it's way loose and was fine after it had been re-tensioned, so he fitted the new top hose and belts anyway as he had the engine apart and the parts were sitting there. The car is now driving very well and hopefully I'm through the worst of the stuff which resulted from it not being driven/stored in freezing temperatures, and I am extremely happy with it.

That said with a belt and braces attitude, I have spoken to Neil at Slowboy Racing (anyone used them) and will book the car in soon for him to replace the hoses (preventative) as well as go through it with a fine tooth comb (just because I'm super ****). The car is often creaky so I wonder if I need a small amount of work done to the suspension, often when it turn right I get a small ping from the rear of the car? Doesn't sound like a major and doesn't always happen. Also at low speeds the brakes make a pinging noise when applied but always work, they also squeal so maybe I will ask Neil to (if need be) replace the whole lot with Brembo originals. Safety first!!!

He said he can safely remap it for uk fuel and up the power without needing to change any parts to 330/340, from my small amount of knowledge I thought that I would have to replace panel filters and exhausts in order to achieve this (I really don't want this car to be loud at all!!!) but he said I don't have to, so I will be guided by him, maybe some people will shed more light, though I don't feel the need for major upgrades I would happily take a bit more grunt if it doesn't strain any other components.

My goal really is to keep this car as original as possible and try to get every nook and cranny 100%. A few minor cosmetic details such as a small ding in the rear passenger door as well as black moulds by the rear windows are silver now lol. Also there is a plastic wind deflector which runs across the tops of the windows which is fooked on both sides so I wanna get that replaced. Then I just have to learn how to park it without curbing the wheels. I have owned cars and huge vans but I find this car hard to park lol, dunno why???

Can anyone recommend a good place to have the car under sealed too?

Generally it's a joy to own and drive and I am starting to relax a bit more in it now.

I notice it underwater every now and then. I will get Neil to do a major service and maybe the tracking, maybe even tyres? After all it's going to be my daily driver.

As per usual the pictures don't really do much justice and certainly don't show how good the paintwork is bit at least you get the idea,

Lloyd :-)

Last edited by lloydsound; 26 January 2015 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Finally worked out how to insetrt a link
Old 25 January 2015, 04:38 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your album is set to private lloyd...and you said you where '****'

You've also got Neil at Slowboy Racing who is a damn sight closer to you than Scoobyclinic, so might be worth a shot, what you save in travel fuel you can spend fixing the problems
Old 25 January 2015, 04:42 PM
lloydsound
Scooby Regular

HAHAHA I'm such a novice, I
Will try to adjust it now and I apologise again for being thick but I did infact mean Neil at Slowboy Racing
Old 25 January 2015, 05:15 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Looking clean it is

Try Duncan at Race Dynamix for a good mapping session
Old 25 January 2015, 06:36 PM
lloydsound
Scooby Regular

So I can achieve more power just with a map?
Old 25 January 2015, 06:38 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Panel filter and straight through exhaust system with Sports Cat downpipe (or decat but bearing in mind you'll need a friendly MOT person) and a remap and it will be just right.

Moving above that, then its turbo change time. Then injectors, then the slippery slope....
Old 25 January 2015, 06:57 PM
lloydsound
Scooby Regular

Is there an option with an exhaust which is the same volume as the standard pro drive one?
Old 25 January 2015, 06:59 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Keep the prodrive rear box (although its quite heavy) change the centre pipe to decat ones, and then do the downpipe.

Reolvution Exhausts are also quiet, and Cobra and Hayward do track day ones that are quiet.

Or do it properly - Buy a Genome - Your car is a JDM, therefore it needs a Genome.
Old 25 January 2015, 07:13 PM
lloydsound
Scooby Regular

Lol what's so good about a Genome? Is it Chavvy sounding?
Old 25 January 2015, 07:15 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

lloyd im not just going to give you all the answers! Lazy ***.

a Genome is a genuine Subaru STI item. It is the best exhaust for the Impreza, hands down (with the Titanium STI exhaust coming in close). Only available to the JDM market.
Old 25 January 2015, 08:01 PM
lloydsound
Scooby Regular

Sounds sweet, I'll take a look
Old 26 January 2015, 02:20 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Remember to also add your signature text

JDM Envy.
It's an epidemic.