Help! My car is dead

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2013, 06:48 AM
barkerblaze
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! My car is dead

Hi,

I am in need of some technical help. I have a 2002 Forester Sport (the 1st shape). Friday night my car alarm started going off for no reason, after about 30 seconds it would stop and then 30ish seconds later it would start up again, I rushed out with my keys to try and stop it using the 'plip', no joy I then rushed into the garage and changed the batteries in the 'plip', still no joy. At this point I needed to stop the alarm as not to annoy the neighbours too much, I didn't have my pin code to hand as i've never needed to use it before, so as a last resort I lifted the bonnet and disconnected the earth from the battery. The follow day re-connected the battery, the alarm started sounding straight away so I jumped into the car and tried to put in the key code, nothing happened the alarm kept on going. I have noticed that when I pressed the buttons on the keypad the LED wasnt lighting up, I have checked every fuse in both boxes and they all ok. The car battery is fully charged. I have found that sometimes when I reconnect the car battery the alarm will sound, and other times it will not. I'm really confused now I now have a Fozzzie that won't start and now with a disconnected battery Could somebody out there please help me?