Notices

Strange one this...

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2011, 08:10 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange one this...

So, previous owner took it upon himself to fit several LEDs to my scoob... Bloody awful they are so i've been getting shot of them one by one.. Yesterday i replaced the rear number plate LED with standard set up.. then disconnected a live wire to a string of LEDs in the bonnet scoop.. (i know) All seemed to go fine until i got into car this morning... Now the interior light won't go off in the doors open postion!! Had to switch it to off.. Anyone guess why this may have happened? Could also do with some help fitting cigarette lighter wiring as this was all missing but that's the next job...

Many thanks..
Old 08 June 2011, 09:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Where did the live to the string of LEDs come from?

Not sure what you mean by the light won't go off in the doors open position? It's not supposed to unless you switch it to off
Old 09 June 2011, 09:22 AM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Where did the live to the string of LEDs come from?

Not sure what you mean by the light won't go off in the doors open position? It's not supposed to unless you switch it to off
Neither on or off? Comes on when doors are open.. its staying on when they're closed..
Old 09 June 2011, 10:03 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Ah, I see. So it's picking up a feed from somewhere then?

Or, teaching granny to suck eggs, you DO know the overhead switch has THREE positions? On all the time, on when doors are open, off all the time?
Old 09 June 2011, 12:18 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Ah, I see. So it's picking up a feed from somewhere then?

Or, teaching granny to suck eggs, you DO know the overhead switch has THREE positions? On all the time, on when doors are open, off all the time?
It's alright mate, open to all suggestions, yes aware of the three positions.. light stays on permanently on all but off.. wierd..
Old 09 June 2011, 04:28 PM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Has there been any feed taken from the door buttons (that activate the interior light when door is opened or closed). Or are any of the buttons damaged.
If not there must be a constant live going to the interior light from somewhere. Can the light switch off ok with the switch? Why do these people fit tat
How did the Led light illuminate (ie when you switched the lights on) or wired to a separate switch?
Old 09 June 2011, 06:27 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan2926
Has there been any feed taken from the door buttons (that activate the interior light when door is opened or closed). Or are any of the buttons damaged.
If not there must be a constant live going to the interior light from somewhere. Can the light switch off ok with the switch? Why do these people fit tat
How did the Led light illuminate (ie when you switched the lights on) or wired to a separate switch?
Good questions.. The live feed comes from somewhere behind the dash.. the wires ran along the passenger footwell and that's where i broke the line... what should i of done with the ends do you think? The scoop LEDs come on with side and headlights and also when i press the fob button to lock the car.... aaaaahhhhh eureka moment! when i lock the car the LEDs illuminate for the same amount of time as the interior light.. so somehow he's linked up the LEDs with the interior light timer? fooking hell, going to reconnect them at this rate.. any suggestions? (cheers to dan2926 btw )
Old 09 June 2011, 08:02 PM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Ok mate, the interior lights.... there is a live feed to all switches and when a door opens it connects the circuit feeding voltage to the light which makes it illuminate....i suspect he has cut in to the feed of one of them. Where you have removed the LED's i would connect the 2 ends back up with just a wire and that should solve it.
Old 09 June 2011, 09:06 PM
Rez
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan2926
Ok mate, the interior lights.... there is a live feed to all switches and when a door opens it connects the circuit feeding voltage to the light which makes it illuminate....i suspect he has cut in to the feed of one of them. Where you have removed the LED's i would connect the 2 ends back up with just a wire and that should solve it.

superb mate thanks, so basically make a loop of some description?
Old 09 June 2011, 09:39 PM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
superb mate thanks, so basically make a loop of some description?

Yep close the loop again as it would have been originally