Notices

naff radio good cd reception

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2010, 12:03 AM
esxboy1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default naff radio good cd reception

hi all, i just pulled out a dated alpine cd head unit out of my my96wrx all was working fine good radio and cd sound quit bassy just on upgraded standard size speakers. so ive just put in a cd/dvd/bluetooth all bells an whistles 2din unit,for one the sound quality is not as good,secondly the radio sounds all farty like the speakers are shot to bits but when you turn it on to cd/dvd it sound perfectly fine with a fairly decent sound.am scratching my head because it was fine with the old head unit. both are 4x50w.the new unit has only one sound menu which applys to all aspects ie dvd/cd/radio etc. was thinking maybe a small amp to boost the speakers if the unit is not powerfull as the old one. or maybe a new areial ,dont no really no, stabbing in the dark really. or is it just one of them things, any ideas would be great
Old 16 April 2010, 02:03 AM
Ginola
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dono also! seems strange, there arn't pre-amp controls for all the different inputs are there?? i.e. adjustable volume lvls for Radio/CD/DVD ,. my old sony had this about 6 years back , u could adjust how loud each input was , maybe if the Radio side is jacked up too high it might cause the distortion your talking about.
If not take it back and exchange for another unit and tell them the radio side is nakered my 2cents anyway

link the model etc if your still stuck or its not covered in manual

Last edited by Ginola; 16 April 2010 at 02:06 AM.