Notices

HID lights

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2009, 01:19 PM
zeuss
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID lights

Testing the water im after some HID lighting but have heard conflicting advice can someone put me straight please. are they road legal ? been told they need washers on ? and seeing as my 94'wrx hasnt got light washers does that mean i cant have em ?
any advice welcome cheers
Old 17 November 2009, 01:31 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There is plenty of posts about them, but the main points are:
Classic headlights are not very good. HID's just increase the light they output, but not in a good way, although they still pass MOT's. You are at risk of dazzling oncoming traffic.
The only time its worth having HID's, is if you have projector headlights.
Old 17 November 2009, 01:33 PM
zeuss
Scooby Regular

thank u
Old 17 November 2009, 02:25 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

We sell more SuperHID kits for the classics than any other model and the feedback is great.

They do not dazzle oncoming drivers and they pass MOTs fine. Had mine fitted for years now without issue and supplied 100s to Impreza owners.

The best thing you can do to your lights without changing/modifiying the headlamps

By the strict letter of the law, HIDs are not road legal, even if you have projectors and washers. In saying that ours have never had any problems with the law and there are probably a whole host of things on the average Impreza that aren't strictly road legal anyhow

Fit SuperHIDs and you won't ever go back to halogens

The correct fitment for your model: AZTEC PERFORMANCE ONLINE STORE - WHOLESALE PRICES DIRECT TO THE PUBLIC - SuperHID (Xenon) Conversion Kits :: Dual (Dipped & Main) Beam Kits :: SuperHIDs (slimline) HID Conversion Kit - H4 Fitment
Old 17 November 2009, 09:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

When reading the above post, please remember that BOB'5 SELLS HID's.
The rest of us don't..........we give advice on what we KNOW, not what we want you to think

HID's on classics ARE NOT good, they DO dazzle and the main beam is rubbish. Get some projectors, they are they way to go............even BOB is dabbling

Sorry BOB, just telling it like it is, with NO bias
Old 17 November 2009, 09:34 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

None of our kits have any issues with dazzling and nobody has gone back to halogens after fitting SuperHIDs. Our feedback speaks for itself

Zeuss: Post up your location, if you're nearby you can come and have a look for yourself or I'm sure there is someone local who has SuperHIDs fitted. Seeing is believing.

Yes, we are working on a projector solution for customers who who want it, but it's not going to be for everyone.
Old 17 November 2009, 10:18 PM
tayfun
Scooby Regular

These hid bulbs and kits really annoy me , if you car's headlight casing is not meant for that much more light that the hids produce It cannot focus/direct all of it to the ideal angle(s). Therefore it will inevitably dazzle the oncoming traffic. If you dazzle oncoming traffic the consequences can be more than just a few annoyed drivers.Simple really.

You really want more light? get yourself a different head unit or projectors that can angle all of the extra light rays produced by the hids.

Last edited by tayfun; 17 November 2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 18 November 2009, 12:50 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tayfun
These hid bulbs and kits really annoy me , if you car's headlight casing is not meant for that much more light that the hids produce It cannot focus/direct all of it to the ideal angle(s). Therefore it will inevitably dazzle the oncoming traffic. If you dazzle oncoming traffic the consequences can be more than just a few annoyed drivers.Simple really.

You really want more light? get yourself a different head unit or projectors that can angle all of the extra light rays produced by the hids.

Any MORE comments, BOB?