Notices

REVIEW - GReddy PRofec A Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2007, 09:51 PM
charlieparker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVIEW - GReddy PRofec A Boost Controller

Well my last review on my new brakes seemed to be of some use to some people, so i will write a review on my new boost controller in the hope that it will benefit more poeple on here.

OK, so as above I bought a GReddy PRofec A boost contoller. and here are my findings.

This is one of the most difficult bits of kit (electronically) I have ever setup/fitted to a car. I suppose this is primerily because the thing is so damn clever, it uses fuzzy logic processing to control your boost, which in simple speak means that it has a brain that calculates and learns your specific boost curve for each gear with the mods you already have fitted. on paper this is a real asset as its one of the few boost controllers that monitors your fuel pressure inline with your boost as well guarenteeing the best control over your turbo and better fuel economy .....but in reality......

When you first power the thing on it goes into P1 mode or program mode 1, in which you do a 3rd or 4th gear power run this went smooth as you like, and instantly calculated the maximum boost pressure.

now for P2. this is where it learn your boost curve.... after several 3rd gear power runs it still couldn't calculate the boost curve. I was not so worried about this as there is a little dial on the front you can bring the boost controller int line with what you are reading on your boost gauge through the rev range. WHICH I HAD TO DO.

worth noting though even though I manually set up the boost curve it will continue to learn as well, and now a month on, and I really didn't think I would be saying this, ITS FANTASTIC.

It holds boost perfectly releasing the turbo at exactly the right revs, the boost control dial does exactly what it says on the tin, overall very very impressive compared to other similar devices that have been fitted to cars I have driven.

Im sure as the learning process continiues it will only get better, I have definantly seen a fuel performance increase and when you put your foot down you dont get that instant whack of power its smooth full power from start to finish with very very little lag. and big big smiles.

hope this helps some of you out there will get some pics up later.

Charlie