P1 Fog lights??

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2004, 11:14 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question P1 Fog lights??

Hi!!

I have a MY00 and would like to remove the "classic" Impreza fog lights whit the fog lights of the Impreza P1. I already research in may places and talk whit some people to find them and I already find them but they are so much expensive because they are in Xenon!!!!

So I research again and see that must be (I think that exists) the same light in Halogen, so what I want is the style not the Xenon lights, so I am search for your help to see how I can get this Halogen Lights???

I already whit the help of Mr Jan know where I can find the covers, the support, I just do not know where I can find the same lamps but in Halogen version that fit in the support and whit the covers!! and make/have the same style of the P1!!

Any help??

Regards
Old 27 August 2004, 07:10 PM
argonaut
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

sorry i've not been in touch the last few days, my email has been out of order.

give me a few days and i can get you the part numbers from Hella, and some pictures of what you need!

take it easy

Mr Jan!
Old 27 August 2004, 07:33 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

please could you pass the info (part no's) to me as well.
just had a incident with a wall and smashed all the front end in. gonna put the P1 style lamps in while i'm replacing em.
could do with a cheap supply for the std headlamps too if anyone can help.
Old 27 August 2004, 08:22 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by argonaut
Hi mate,

sorry i've not been in touch the last few days, my email has been out of order.

give me a few days and i can get you the part numbers from Hella, and some pictures of what you need!

take it easy

Mr Jan!
Can you mail me as well please.

Vinesh
Old 28 August 2004, 11:17 AM
argonaut
Scooby Regular

Ok guys, let me get all my information together early next week and i'll PM everybody with part numbers, and where all this stuff can be bought.

Bear with me, i've got no internet at work next week!
Old 28 August 2004, 03:06 PM
argonaut
Scooby Regular

Hi guys, I managed to find all my information a little earlier than i thought. So, here it is!

The driving lights are made by Hella, and part numbers are
With sidelight: 1KO 008 192-007
Without sidelight: 1KO 008 192-017

That is for the HID versions, which cost £322 each!!!!!!! If you want the normal Halogen versions, Demon Tweeks sell them for £54.90 each, they are in their catalogue in the Hella section, i can't recall what page number it is.

A driving light bracket for the HID lights, similar to the one used on the P1 conversion, costs about £11, and has part number: 9AH 157 659 007

Or, you can get genuine Subaru parts, which cost me £15 each including VAT. The Subaru part numbers are SACC6013 & 6014 for both sides, even though they are identical!

Hope that helps!

Oh, and with the surrounds, there is an additional fitting kit required, which Graham Goode will sell you for £40 !!!!!! it's just a small bracket with a screw.

Personally i used a dab of silicone at the bottom of the surrounds to fix them in without showing any screws. It looks a little better in my opinion and i know it won't budge no matter how much of a lunatic i drive like!

I bought my surrounds from ETS Racing for £30 delivered. They come in primer only, but i know that DR Motorsports will supply you with a set for £89 painted, from memory.

I rubbed them down, put about three coats of plastic primer on them and then spent the next week spraying them with paint i had made up for me from a company in Liverpool, i cant recall their name, i'll dig out the tin.

I then rubbed them down again with 1200 guage wet & dry, and gave them a serious coating with lacquer. They look pretty good for a muppet that can't spray paint!

Hope that helps????

I got my HID lights from Ebay, which was more luck than anything, someone was selling a brand new set, still boxed up for £200.

There are wiring mods to be made if you want them to come on with your high beam only, but still utilise the fog lamp switch. You also need to drill some holes for the adjusters, i found that a 12mm drill bit did the job.

If you need any help, give me a call!
Old 28 August 2004, 04:42 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I hope you don't mind the intrusion but if i can give my findings to the thread if this may help.

If you look up, for example, the Yellow Pages for Hella stockists, you can get the Halogen 90mm lamp (P1 lamp) part number: 1KO 008 191-017 for £42 +vat or the HID version part number: 1KO 008 192-017 for £202 +vat.

The part number for the support bracket 9AH 157 659-007 is not the same as the Subaru bracket and IMO not worth buying.
It does only cost £1.80 +vat tho' but is a flat plate and not *stepped* like the Subaru brackets which as has been said is the correct part numbers (SACC 6013 and 6014) which are £12.72 +vat from the dealer (or thereabouts).
I wondered why they are different part numbers as well but if you look at the two, one of them is marked which side it should go to. When i looked at mine all i found was that one was drilled in a slightly different place to the other. There's nothing in it, just looked to me like somebody had drilled a bit off the intended mark !

They are also not foglamps at all but Hella state them as being main beam headlamps, not driving lamps or spot lamps.

Hope this helps.

And FYI, the HID's are something else!! Brill!!

These 90mm lamps btw are to be found in Volkswagons, BMW's, Focus's etc, so are not exclusive to the P1.

Last edited by AlanG; 28 August 2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 28 August 2004, 04:43 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Oh and changing the wiring involves adding one wire into the system and cutting two wires so that they come on with the main beam but leaves the facility to utilise the foglamp switch if you don't want them to come on with the main beam.

These pics may help..

Subaru bracket.

Hella bracket part number 9AH 157 659-007

Wiring diagrams to change from fog to driving

Last edited by AlanG; 28 August 2004 at 05:56 PM.
Old 28 August 2004, 08:35 PM
scooby24
Scooby Regular

Nice one guys, got all that and should be able to order something tuesday,

Mr scoobywhite, can you tell us where and how much the P1 covers are please, may as well do the whole ordering bit at once.
Thanks
Old 28 August 2004, 11:01 PM
Vinesh
Scooby Regular

Default PIAA Lights

I already have PIAA driving lamps. Can the same wiring be used for the new P1 lamps?

Would it be better to keep the PIAA? I know the P1 lights look better.
Old 29 August 2004, 12:17 PM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AlanG

These 90mm lamps btw are to be found in Volkswagons, BMW's, Focus's etc, so are not exclusive to the P1.
and tvr tuscans!
Old 29 August 2004, 12:20 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

I already have PIAA driving lamps. Can the same wiring be used for the new P1 lamps?

I don't see why not Vinesh. Lamps are 12VDC with a +ve and -ve terminals, same as your PIAA's.
Old 29 August 2004, 02:09 PM
ScoobyWhite
Scooby Regular

Mr Scooby24. Mr. Argonaut have help me whit this question and you can find a very very good quality copy of the P1 covers at ETS Racing!!!!

He already tell this in his post........

Regards
Old 29 August 2004, 04:08 PM
argonaut
Scooby Regular

If you get all the parts, it's well worth the time and effort to put it all together, it's changed the look of my car completely and the lighting improvement is amazing!

HID rules!

I'm sure if you have any more questions, either myself or Alan will be pleased to help!
Old 29 August 2004, 09:22 PM
AlanG
Scooby Regular

Yup, no probs from me if anybody needs help.

The thing about HID's though...is that they are sooo.... expensive! From a monetary point of view it's a big step.

It's not until you experience the difference in light output between the Halogen version and the HID version, that you can see the value for money. There really is that much of a difference between them!.
Old 30 August 2004, 11:15 AM
argonaut
Scooby Regular

Like Alan said, it's a big cost to bear for HID, but the results are well worth it.

If anyone wants to see the final result, and is near Hampshire or Dorset, PM me and pop along!