Notices

MY04 seatbelt reminder

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2004, 10:27 AM
GINTO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY04 seatbelt reminder

Anyone know how to disconnect the annoying seatbelt reminder audible tone.
Where it's located etc, I don't want to do away with the dashboard light, just the noise.

Cheers...
Old 24 August 2004, 06:58 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Easy, wear ya damn seatbelt!
No disrespect to you in any way at all, but i watched my missus headbutt the screen at like 15 mph when i had to hit brakes hard, and i could not believe how much she moved forward in the car just doing that speed.
There is no excuse for not wearing the belt. And of course, it doesn't cost you owt!
(my opinion of course)
Old 24 August 2004, 09:38 PM
GINTO
Scooby Regular

That is the easy way, and I always do wear my seatbelt, but am in the bad habit of not putting it on till I am out of the estate, (30 second drive at less than 15mph) and put it on at junction onto main road, the bleeper is annoying to say the least. I suppose it's designed that way to pester and annoy folk like me to put it on right away rather than 30 seconds into the journey, no matter how far that is or what speed you've reached.

Cheers for your honest opinion all the same.
Old 02 September 2004, 01:12 PM
FR51ASR
Scooby Newbie

Angry GLENCOE

Hi there GINTO, must say that I couldn't agree more with the advice from our scoobynet pal MaDass. That really is'nt the name of the game, having your wife almost go through the front windshield. To back up on what he was saying my mate Ross almost went through windshield of his honda civic when he swerved to avoid a stag on the road, in Glencoe. It wasn't jumping on the brakes so hard that catapulted him forward it was more the bridge the car collided with that brought them to a halt. After it him and all the passengers swore that they would always wear seat belts from then.

Just thought that I would share that with you by way of a warning, and let you know that I always ensure that each of my passangers are buckled up for even the shortest journey. You just can never tell when a stag might run in front of you "officer".

I think I might even drop a thread to the boys in japan to see if the'll get the warning to say "clunk click every trip" constantly on the MY05 model.

Take it easy Kid,
Old 02 September 2004, 01:27 PM
markwild
Scooby Regular

Got to add to this I'm afraid - Do you drive your impreza before the oil has had a chance to flow through the turbo, or up the bores - Probably NOT....

Do you set off before you've closed the doors ?

Do you set off before the passengers are in the car ?

See the theme -------

PUT YOUR BELT ON BEFORE YOU DRIVE AWAY... It takes 2 seconds.... You never know, your engine might last longer too !

Or do you drive off in the winter with just a small circle of viewing area through your frosted screen too !!!!!

Sorry to bang on, but 30 seconds is long enough.... Not to mention the fact that someone else has to wait while you put it on at the junction.... I just understand the reasoning...

Mark
Old 03 September 2004, 12:19 PM
GINTO
Scooby Regular

Point taken Guys.... Clunk Click !!