Notices

Where's the front fogs relay on MY02 STI?

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2004, 10:50 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have the STI7 Prodrive, that does not have the switch or any front fogs as standard.

I have a fog switch now and have connected to the standard loom behind the dash, but I hear no clicky relays going in the drivers compartment???

Can anyone tell me where the relay is? I need the relay to switch a seperate relay for some driving lamps I have got!

Any helps, much appreciated!!

Cheers
Simon
Old 25 January 2004, 10:52 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Meant to say also....

The wiring loom behind the front bumper blanking covers don't receive and live feed when the fog light switch is on, so I am wondering if there is no relay as well as no switch and lamps as standard???

Cheers
Simon
Old 26 January 2004, 08:55 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

The relay is on an add on block to the left (from the drivers seat, ie passenger side) of the big fuse box under the dash. I think it's the fourth one down (but that's from memory). It has purple (lights on signal) and black/yellow (earthed thro pin 3 of the switch to put lights on) to pins 3 and 4 resp to trigger the relay and red/blue to pin 2 (power from fuse box) and white/red from pin 1 to the two lights.

On my STi7 there was no relay fitted. It's not a normal (ie inch square block) it's one of the little ones (ie half inch by one inch).
Old 26 January 2004, 08:37 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hi mate

Thanks for the reply, and sorry for me taking ages to get back to you.

Mmmm, as I suspected, no relay then...

I have been looking at it earlier today, and I am even more confused about the main beam feed, to jump into the fog switch instead of the normal side lights. I can only find a feed that drops from 13v to 0v when the main beam stick is thrown on??? Exactly the opposite of what I want (I think). I am no auto electric god, but I have dabbled before plenty, but this really has got me stumped.

I don't suppose there are any MY02 wiring diagrams floating around, either official ones or someone else's handy work.

Cheers
Simon
Old 27 January 2004, 10:57 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

There is a way of doing it, I know that 'cos mine works OK. And you're right it works back to front, goes from 12V off to 0V on.

I've got a wiring diagram at home, a couple of pages from Prodrive that came with their spotlight kit, that someone kindly sent me. May be worth a search on this light forum about Oct 02, they were posted at some time or other around then.

If no joy then post a fax number or email and I'll fax or scan it and send it across tonight.
Old 27 January 2004, 12:57 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Wink

Chelspeed

Thanks mate, you are a fountain of knowledge in this field...

I will do a search for this Prodrive diagram again tonight when I get home from work. Difficult to spend too much time on SNet at work. The kit I have is the Prodrive Hella 1000FF kit, but it does not have any instructions with it (as you would expect buying second hand I guess).

If I find it first, i'll post here again.

Cheers again for your helps.

Simon

Last edited by YorkshireSimon; 16 November 2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Remoevd email address
Old 27 January 2004, 03:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
I've found a thread with a wiring diagram in it, and a response from Mike Wood at Prodrive about the same problem, (I think).
It might help.

Do a search for "Using OEM foglight swith w/ Hella driving lights?", posted by a guy called Bleuquilla, about 15th December '03.

Alcazar

[Edited by alcazar - 1/27/2004 3:11:37 PM]
Old 27 January 2004, 09:59 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Simon - YHM
Old 27 January 2004, 10:12 PM
YorkshireSimon
Scooby Regular

Wink