Notices

Blue effect Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2003, 07:31 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought blue Xenon bulbs(£29.00 for the headlights and sidelights)and hoped to get bright light with blue hint.A bit brighter but the effect is still very similar to the standard bulbs with no colour change in light.I have seen blue-ish bright lights on some scoobs and other cars.Any idea what they are?
I just wanna get more of a blue effect.
Cheers!
Old 27 October 2003, 11:22 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
I've got the Philips vision blue plus from powerbulbs.com - and everyone thinks they're very blue except me!

You can tell they're a different light to the standard bulbs when the roadsides are illuminated at night, the fog i drove through the other week was very spooky - but there's not a great deal of improvement otherwise over the standard bulbs when driving.

they light the back of my garage up a treat though...
Old 27 October 2003, 03:41 PM
Clubscene
Scooby Regular

I have a Blue set of H4s if you want em. They are very very blue at night. Even make the headlight lenses look blue during the day.
Old 27 October 2003, 11:04 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys!
Clubscene,
YHM .
Old 28 October 2003, 09:49 AM
Autolamps
Scooby Regular

Philips makes the BlueVision range which I created along with the Philips International aftermarket team for introduction at Automechnica 1997. They were always legally 'White lamps falling into the E37 white colour space.

The individuals eye on lighting is as varied as on clothes or cars. What to one is Blue to another is no different. We sell approx 25K BV lamps per year and feed back is split approx 70/30 in favour of yes they are Blue and better. The underlying lamp under the Blue dichroic coating is the Philips Premium lamp so you do actually get approx 5% improved in beam performance. If they are not blue enough for you then Philips makes the Diamond Vision range which are significantly bluer but not in the E37 colour space so not approved. We carry these in H1/H4/H3/H7

In the end if you really have the pockets deep enough and you want the real thing go for genuine Xenon discharge which should give you everything you need

Nick
www.autolamps-online.com
Old 29 October 2003, 01:45 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

I have a pair of PIAA "Plasma" 7500K bulbs, which are available for a good chunk cheaper than new price. I paid £74.99 for them!!!
(how does £40 sound?)

They were only fitted to the car for a maximum of two weeks (HONESTLY!!) and they are still in their original packet.

They give off a light very similar to HID.
Drop me a mail if you are interested.

Marty
Old 29 October 2003, 04:22 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Smile

The PIAA lamps are the dogs danglies i reckon. I had these fitted in Moretts on my classic. They really do look like HID lamps.

However since one of them blew, i have been using the phillips blue vision bulbs. Whist they arent quiet as good as PIAA, they are some £50 cheaper per pair and much better than the standard lamps

Trending Topics

Old 30 October 2003, 07:39 AM
JIM THEO
Scooby Regular

Arrow

None of the others can give the PIAA HID type light, I tried Osram cool blue, Philips blue vision and PIAA extreme white (closest to HID) and PIAAs are by far better overall, brightnes and look. Of course they are expensive...
JIM