Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2002, 06:50 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Question

Hi
I have a MY94 WRX.
The back fog light has been placed in the drivers side rear reverse light. It doesn't work anymore.

1. Bulb - I have changed this

2. Fuse - All my other lights inc front fogs and the nearside reverse light are working. So I assume it can not be fuse. Question - When an import arrives and it has a rear fog put on the back what fuse is designated to this? I might as well check it. Can someone tell me which one it is in the fuse box, cause as you know its all in Jap.

3. Wiring - Is the wiring buggered? The car origionaly had a badly installed fog light on the rear bumper.As mentioned this was taken off and the fog light was installed in the rear light cluster. I assume who did it took the existing wiring and fed it into the rear light cluster. As the front has not been touched. Would the problem be in the rear wiring? Are there any other places wiring could be faulty?

I am no expert on this, but I have an MOT coming up and I could really do with some advice.

Thanks and beat wishes
Steve
Old 04 October 2002, 07:18 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Have you got an aftermarket switch?
If it's an import, I don't think they had wires in the original loom for the fog light so ther should be easy to trace wires someones installed, just follow the wiring back from the switch, there will prob be an inline fuse which has blown. If it keeps blowing check wiring for it earthing out somewhere or being fused together, should be quite straight forward mate