Notices

Door Ajar Warning, Luggage light, Dead batt (Impreza 5dr)

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2023, 01:05 AM
Sweli
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Ajar Warning, Luggage light, Dead batt (Impreza 5dr)

Started off with the typical door ajar warning on the dash along with five chirps when you lock the vehicle. This has been leading to a dead battery.

My mechanic scanned the multifunction or BCM module which returned that the hatch, right rear and right front doors were showing open.

I do not know which wire is which on the 4 wire electronic tailgate latch, so I threw a new part at it with no change.
I have checked for a change of state in both two wire door pin switches on the passenger side, and both are fine.

The luggage courtesy light recognizes when the hatch is open and gets 12 volts. When the hatch is closed the light stays partially lit with 8 volts???

The one thing that these three doors share is a common grounding point under the front passenger seat. I have not remove the seat and gotten into that eyelet in the floor. I get less than 1ohm resistance when checking either door pin switch or the hatch ground wire to each other and to chassis.

I have seen posts about broken wires in the liftgate harness'. I pulled the right hand wire loom boot on the hatch unwrapped the tape and found no visible broken wires. I understand the wire strands can break inside of the PVC casing but each wire feels strong. They are in a twist pattern and difficult to separate.

Today at one point in the garage, the dash warning went out while the luggage light remained dimly lit. If i manually switched this light off, the dash warning would immediately come back.
After playing around with this a few times, the dash warning started flickering on/off for a minute and is now back solid.

What to check next?
Does anyone have a pinout of the BCM? Which of the four headers is for the door switch inputs?
Old 01 May 2023, 09:12 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

First off, welcome to this mainly UK website.

Secondly "Impreza 5 dr" doesn't exactly help to identify which model and year your Impreza is, although as your location is Michigan it's most likely a USDM and younger than 2002.

Out of interest have you tried NASIOC.com ?

For anyone reading this, Subaru UK and Europe didn't have a BCM (Body Control Module)/BIU (Body Intregrated Unit) in their Impreza range wiring until MY2008.
Old 01 May 2023, 03:45 PM
Sweli
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
First off, welcome to this mainly UK website.

Secondly "Impreza 5 dr" doesn't exactly help to identify which model and year your Impreza is, although as your location is Michigan it's most likely a USDM and younger than 2002.

Out of interest have you tried NASIOC.com ?

For anyone reading this, Subaru UK and Europe didn't have a BCM (Body Control Module)/BIU (Body Intregrated Unit) in their Impreza range wiring until MY2008.

My apologies on two fronts.

US model, 2009 Subaru Impreza 5dr.(hatch). 2.5i (non turbo)

I'll look into NASIOC. I have posted on 'thesubaruforums' as well.

Correct, Lock module into BIU.
Old 01 May 2023, 04:40 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

PM'd you