Notices

Parasitic drain sti 2011 sallon

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2021, 09:32 PM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parasitic drain sti 2011 sallon

Been having issues with battery nor lasting more than a few weeks then dead so replaced battery.
all seems fine for 3 months or so then battery get low so boost pack to start not using alot..checks amp draw and I. Getting about 0.14 amps too high want to see 0.05 amps,

now if I pull the aux fuse 9 in main fuse panel under bonnet it kills the remote control central locking and alarm the amp draw drops to 0.08 amps and if I pull the hazard light indicator fuse it drops to 0.02 amps,anyone know how much the alarm sigma should pull amp wise? And could this be an alarm siren battery issue,alarm.module new as original was faulty not arming or disarming,when battery disconnected the back up siren very quiet..

Last edited by stevie turbo; 29 January 2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old 29 January 2021, 11:29 PM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

No idea which fuse you mean when refering to "aux fuse in main fuse box". Both the keyless access and alarm systems have multiple fused supplies via different fuses/circuits, so pulling one fuse will not switch them off entirely.
Again no idea what you mean by "hazard light indicator" fuse and where is it located??
Look near the back of the Owners manual there are diagrams for both fuse boxes with fuse numbers/circuit names.

Is your Metasat tracker still in use/powered up??
Old 30 January 2021, 08:00 AM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Don Clark
No idea which fuse you mean when refering to "aux fuse in main fuse box". Both the keyless access and alarm systems have multiple fused supplies via different fuses/circuits, so pulling one fuse will not switch them off entirely.
Again no idea what you mean by "hazard light indicator" fuse and where is it located??
Look near the back of the Owners manual there are diagrams for both fuse boxes with fuse numbers/circuit names.

Is your Metasat tracker still in use/powered up??
hi Don,
fuse 8 says aux on lid that kills the remote locking interior lights,alarm,radio and clock,and fuse 14 is hazard lights / indicators. The tracker was connected but not used so pulled radio out last night disconnected radio whilst monitoring drain still the same and no difference when I disconnected tracker but when I disconnected alarm from the alarm module the drain drops from 0.09 amps to 0.02/0.03 amps,I thinking it may be the back up battery in the siren causing a drain as the alarm module is a new replacement and so I do have a new siren stashed away somewhere.
Old 30 January 2021, 10:36 AM
Don Clark
Scooby Regular

Received 746 Likes on 619 Posts

You maybe right so good luck with that.

Fuse No:8 supplies

as well as

Fuse No:14 supplies