Notices

help please....my alarm is draining my battery!

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2006, 08:45 PM
devilbissgti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please....my alarm is draining my battery!

ive recently bought a 1.4 astra wich is fitted with a sigma alarm and imobiliser. it was working fine, no problems, hit the buton on the keypad and it locks the doors and arms the alarm. but i have fitted an amplifier and subs in the boot, for this i had to remove the postive battery terminal plug to replace it with a 3 pin block unit. ever since i done tht ive had real problems with my alarm. if i press the button on the fob now it locks the doors but makes a constant beeping sound, not the full roar of the alarm but a sort of warning beep.
not only this but since all of this has started, my battery is going completely dead at night?! what can i do?

PLEASE HELP?!
Old 12 March 2006, 03:27 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The main piece here is the fitting of the ICE. Try disconnecting it from the battery and see if the problem still exists over a couple of days. Disconnecting then re-connecting the battery should not cause the alarm to start draining the battery. It does sound like the amplifier is staying powered thus making the alarm give the low battery warnig beeps as the amp is pulling the battery voltage down. Hope this helps m8
PS. remove the negative terminal first in future. I work in the auto electrical industry and have seen quite a few spanners short to the bodywork when people have disconnected the positive first. It's not good for you or the car especially if the battery explodes!!

Last edited by 360ste; 12 March 2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12 March 2006, 07:40 PM
devilbissgti
Scooby Newbie

Thankyou very much for your help! its very much apreciated.
Old 12 March 2006, 09:38 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

keep us informed as far as progress goes. If you need further help feel free to contact me. steve
Old 13 March 2006, 09:48 PM
wannaB4
Scooby Regular

sounds like you have knocked a pin switch and it is giving the door open warning beeps, and the fact that the battery is going flat would point towards the boot light being on, check all interior lights go off when doors are shut. If thats not it then as Steve said it may be the amp not wired up right.
Old 26 March 2006, 09:16 PM
devilbissgti
Scooby Newbie

hi guys, i have recently noticed that when i pull the negative off of the battery, it sparks! this is not ment to happen so somewhere in the car there is a live wire touching?
Old 29 March 2006, 08:02 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

More than likely a load on the battery. A spark would happen even with the clock and radio backup. Yes if it quite big then something drawing a lot of current is switched on. If something was shorting it would blow the fuse in the positive side of the circuit, or if no fuse and it gets hot enough then the car could catch fire. In work I use a battery load checker to load the battery and check the on load voltage. This can easily glow red if I do a few batteries one after the other.