Notices

Need some help with a strange wiring issue.

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2020, 01:40 PM
zoomzoom870
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with a strange wiring issue.

I have a 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Yesterday while I was rewiring my cruise control one of the wires(the green one with a black stripe) came into contact with the chassis ground (metal plate under the steering wheel specifically).

It's it's not throwing any check engine light and scanned it with torque anyway but there's nothing there.

I now have an ABS and brake light stuck on and more interestingly when I turn on my blower motor for heat or air my speedometer stopped working and my tachometer still works but does not seem accurate and is very jerky.

other than that the car runs fine everything works including the cruise control.

I know I probably fried and a ECU or body module somewhere.

It's raining today so I can't mess with the electrical(no shop or carport) I would like to gather information at least.

​​​​​if anybody knows exactly what I messed up and how to fix it that would be fantastic.

I'm not new to modding or wrenching on cars in general I own a 70 model super Bee, 63 Dodge power wagon, and a few other classic cars but my newest car before this Subaru was a 89 rx7 twin turbo convertible so car electronics are generally not my strong suit.

Being 06 model I'm sure this has multiple body units if someone appointment at which one is likely to be the issue and maybe even how to test it I would really appreciate it.

Sorry if this comes off as a bit rambling I just got done working on my 12-hour night shift and I'm exhausted and confused.