Notices

Need help with import 93 WRX swap, wiring issue.

Search this Thread

Old 18 February 2004, 08:14 PM
LHD Ver1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with import 93 WRX swap, wiring issue.

Brief summary of what I got: 93 JDM WRX EJ20G w/ tranny and complete drivetrain going into 2000 RS. I downloaded wiring diagrams from the jimclarkeracing.co.uk site for a pre 96 Impreza. Well after going over them they are about 95% correct. I have the ECU, complete engine harness, front harness, and a cut up bulkhead harness. Here are some issues.

The pinouts are in the pic below, but after going through my ECU plugs pin by pin I found that these pins have wires in them but they are not on the sheets below. I followed them all and this what I found:
B44-16 is cut but the wiring diagrams show it as the power steering oil pressure switch. Even stranger is it's in the wiring diagrams but not in the pinout page.
B43-4 pressure sensor
B43-5 goes to mysterious plug below.
B96-11 is cut and not in the wiring diagrams so?
B43-12 is cut and not in the wiring diagrams so?

So if anyone has pinouts for an EJ20G could you please look for those.

pinout page 1
pinout page 2

Next item is there is a plug in the bulkhead harness that plugs into a probe in the downpipe. Since my wiring diagram only show one O2 in the header is this an EGT probe? My diagrams don't show this plug anywhere let alone an EGT probe or a second O3 sensor. I know it's not aftermarket because the wiring is spliced into other sensors perfectly with the same color wire. And the bung on the dp is oem. There is a pic of the plug below. The plug has two wires one wire is spliced into a wire that goes to the pressure sensor, ecu, through the engine harness to the coolant temp sensor, and there is another split that is cut.
EGT plug?

Last edited by LHD Ver1; 23 February 2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 23 February 2004, 10:16 PM
LHD Ver1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please anyone. Track season is slowly approaching.