Notices

HELP!! BRAKE ISSUE AND STRANGE NOISE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2004, 09:54 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! BRAKE ISSUE AND STRANGE NOISE!!

Hi, im having a few probs with the car and its a little worrying to me so in need of some suggestions or advice!

Basically i changed the vast majority of my hoses to samcos 2 days ago, then i had a bit of a coolant problem asi forgot to secure the big rad hose at the top so it popped off and sprayed everywhere.....(i know, lesson learned...) having refilled the coolant system, with pumping the hoses etc...i went for my first appreciable drive last night.

When i came to brake the peddle was like a rock, then sort of snapped back and went normal, i almost bricked it....and it did it pretty much everytime after the car had the ignition turned off then started again after a few minutes...now all the samcos that i put on didnt have anything to do with the brake system so im a little worries that it could be something else. air bubble in the system maybe?? could that cause such a thing??? if so how did it get in there? could it be related to the coolant leak i had? are the 2 systems linked in any way??

Also on my way home last night i turned the stereo off, and the fan down and noticed a sort of "crackling" type of noise from under the bonnet?? which only occurred above about 40mph, and didnt seem to be rpm related (so hopefully i can eliminate "det" although why it would be detting anyway on a UK car with optimax is beyond me......so maybe something is just loose under there...

But im opening this to the floor, any ideas guys???

getting worried!!!

Neil.

Last edited by Neilo; 05 August 2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05 August 2004, 10:56 AM
Neilo
Scooby Regular

right brake peddle now seems fine, and i think the noise under the bonnet was my strut brack that was a touch loose.

Now on to my other problem of the hissing noise
Old 05 August 2004, 11:02 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Did you change the vaccum pipe feed to the brake servo as the original Subaru hose has a one way valve; if you replace this with a samco you will get a hissing noise & a wiffy pong venting into the cabin

Either take the one way valve out & place into the samco; or replace the samco with the original hose......