Notices

Need Advice on my First Scooby.. HELP WANTED!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2008, 11:02 PM
JD1X1E
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice on my First Scooby.. HELP WANTED!!

Hello all... New to Scooby.. Reason why want my first Scooby ASAP .. Been looking around for my first and PERFECT Subaru Imperza STI for a bit, but still new to it all...

So the help I need is...... Deciding on a type which would be good for me (1st timer owner remember)
Seen 2 so far that I liked
No1 is a '00 STI jap import.. Like the 4 door version.. 55k miles looking £5900 ovno..
No.2 '96 Type R STI Jap import.. 69k (38k on new engine) looking £6000 ovno Loved it.. New exhaust system installed. 555 Interior Details are Engine change out due to last owner blowing it (replaced like for like)... Also I'm getting kickback from 1st gear when placing it into 1st..?? any reason why..?? anything would be great, both private owners, and well looked after, oil change outs, new pads and disks etc.. Both engine bays are clean, new hoses etc fitted.. well looks clean and well..

Question that really needs answered is... Are these the right one's for me, or is there others out there that I should be looking for... Really interested in the STI models

If you need any info please ask, and anything will help.....

Cheers all
JD1X1E
Old 04 June 2008, 11:48 PM
big-kev
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JD1X1E
Hello all... New to Scooby.. Reason why want my first Scooby ASAP .. Been looking around for my first and PERFECT Subaru Imperza STI for a bit, but still new to it all...

So the help I need is...... Deciding on a type which would be good for me (1st timer owner remember)
Seen 2 so far that I liked
No1 is a '00 STI jap import.. Like the 4 door version.. 55k miles looking £5900 ovno..
No.2 '96 Type R STI Jap import.. 69k (38k on new engine) looking £6000 ovno Loved it.. New exhaust system installed. 555 Interior Details are Engine change out due to last owner blowing it (replaced like for like)... Also I'm getting kickback from 1st gear when placing it into 1st..?? any reason why..?? anything would be great, both private owners, and well looked after, oil change outs, new pads and disks etc.. Both engine bays are clean, new hoses etc fitted.. well looks clean and well..

Question that really needs answered is... Are these the right one's for me, or is there others out there that I should be looking for... Really interested in the STI models

If you need any info please ask, and anything will help.....

Cheers all
JD1X1E
Welcome m8 , i drive a version 3 sti & love it !!!! had the car about a 18mths now , spent a blooby fortune on the car but its worth every penny
when i was look,in my first scooby i had test driv,in a few uk one,s and a few imports , but just was,nt happy with the power out put of the uk car & any of the jap one,s where bundles of crap . Seen one advertised by scubbay and fell in love with the car as soon as my *** set in the seat !!! car was totaly standard and only had 72kms on the clock . The punch out of this thing was unreal m8 , so my advice would be go jap as you get alot more spec in them !!!! but insurance cost that wee bit higher !!!!! also if you have seen these cars in the autotrader they might have been in it for a while (ask yourself why ) but you can give scubbay a bell and he would try his best to help ya out
Old 05 June 2008, 02:24 AM
sumo1
Scooby Newbie

Smile

i have a sti v5 modle in mint condition if your interested ????????
Old 05 June 2008, 01:35 PM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

Might be worth while seeking some advise over on the other subaru website

the guys meet up in belfast each tuesday night

see scoobfest topic for details of what will be the biggest irish subaru show
Old 05 June 2008, 04:31 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

uk jipper ftw

seriously tho, test drive as many as possible... cuz to be fair.. for every 1 good scoob.. theres 50 buckets of crap "fresh" in from japan.

as said scubbay is worth checking out, all his motors are tidy and definately not the usual rubbish.

on the power front yeah they have more power, but when my dads STANDARD 125000 mile 99 UK turbo 2000 sits on the pipe of a 300bhp STi RA, they cant be all bad
Old 05 June 2008, 10:39 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

If you want more power and a stiffer ride then go jap but make sure it is mapped for norn iron fuel (97 ron) r she'll go bang.

Pm scubay on here as he always has tidy motors in stock.
Old 05 June 2008, 11:10 PM
bigandymac
Scooby Regular

u sellin up sumo???? cant lose a fellow carrick scooby
Old 06 June 2008, 06:08 AM
sumo1
Scooby Newbie

Aaahhh it was just a moment of weakness dude so instead im going to change the bike, 06 fireblade to a k6/k7 gsxr1000 .....
Old 06 June 2008, 08:41 AM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

I have a wee bargain for you bud. pm for details. You wont better this spec/price
Old 06 June 2008, 10:00 AM
bigandymac
Scooby Regular

Default blade!!!

Originally Posted by sumo1
Aaahhh it was just a moment of weakness dude so instead im going to change the bike, 06 fireblade to a k6/k7 gsxr1000 .....

nice bike matey
what sorta money you on it????
now your tempting me lol
Old 09 June 2008, 12:29 AM
JD1X1E
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by ulsterscooby
Might be worth while seeking some advise over on the other subaru website

the guys meet up in belfast each tuesday night

see scoobfest topic for details of what will be the biggest irish subaru show
Cheers ulsterscooby... Live in antrim so will be there at J1 for the scooby ireland fest...!! cheers man..