Notices

Trackers

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2008, 07:35 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackers

On sunday I Mentioned that I was going to get a tracker fitted and a few ppl also showed intrest.

So yesterday I called into the iceman in bangor and spoke to OllieRB5 about trackers. He said the dogs nutts 1 is trackstar and has GPS & GSM coverage so the car be located almost any location in the UK(as long as there is a sattelite and/or mobile signal). This is the standard of tracker that I want to fit and im sure that others would also.

OllieRB5 can negotiate a discount for a group buy but needs to know numbers first. If i remember the standard price is £399, the subscription is £10pm but cant be discounted.

I will be fitting 1 regardless but if we can all it at discounted prices it means more petrol tokens!!!

1. Pete
Old 08 January 2008, 08:12 PM
wrchammy
Scooby Regular

de[end in how much it wood be with discount wood be interested if i have the funds thanks hammy
Old 08 January 2008, 08:15 PM
wrchammy
Scooby Regular

hi pete forgot to say do you get a certificite when tracker is fitted as if u have a certificite with it your insurance comes down thanks
Old 08 January 2008, 08:20 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

Will let OllieRB5 answer that im not sure
Old 08 January 2008, 08:55 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

you get an agreement form almost like a mobile phone contract, this is more than ample to forward to the insurance.

the units also come with "install sheets" these are never usually filled in but I can certainly fill them in for scooby net members.

i`d also add, i`ll be trying my best to get you guys the best possible deal. All units are fully tracked before they leave the store, and i`d reckon i could fit all them in the one day no sweat.

I was pricing one for myself beforre i got the rb5 and tbh I couldnt even get much off or a subscription deal but `ill be working as best I can.

scoobynet mini meet at iceman
Old 08 January 2008, 10:28 PM
BrocaghJohn
Scooby Regular

What happens if your sub heads for the border into the south is signal lost?
Whats the system like on the likes of my WRX STI 03 type uk?

Thanks

John
Old 09 January 2008, 12:14 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually have one of these fitted now for quite some time a year in the civic type-r and now in the scooby both fitted by OLLIeRB5. I can say that the job completed both times were of a very high standard and along with black jaxx at least some peice of mind.
Old 09 January 2008, 07:14 AM
brocks
Scooby Regular

I have a RAC Trackstar system fitted to my MY05 STI....it was a requirement of my ins with Greenlight to have this fitted and activated......now the system was already installed, so all I had to do was call Trackstar and have it activated......£120 per year, or £300 for lifetime cover ( as long as you own the vehicle )....they give you a certificate and up to four free tracks per year.....it is expensive, but the peace of mind it gives is second to none, that and having a Glock under your pillow LOL
Old 09 January 2008, 06:01 PM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brocks
.....it is expensive, but the peace of mind it gives is second to none, that and having a Glock under your pillow LOL
unfortunly i have had to sell my Glock as I didnt renew my licence, so tracker it is
Old 09 January 2008, 07:59 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

John, full european subscription is about £17 a month I think or just under. I will cover you for all of europe. its the same as a mbile phone, it just swithces to the O2 IRL or whatever from the O2 Uk GSM. the GPS signal however is unaffected regardless.

the downside is if it hits mainland europe you have to recover it, but the south is fine, they will recover it for you.

depends really on how close to the border you are tbh. most dont get far enough I believe.

one of our lads was over at the RAC HQ in england for a tour whilst visiting his son, and they were telling him they recently found a car that had been missing for over 6 months. It had been shipped in a container of some sort and signal was lost. It then appeared on the map somewhere in the middle east. LOL.
Old 10 January 2008, 12:24 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

I used to have one of these in my car...

but I eat it

windyboy
Old 10 January 2008, 08:16 PM
BrocaghJohn
Scooby Regular

Default RAC Trackstar

Guys I have an RAC Trackstar card in with my service book is this a standard factory fiited item in 03 spec Subarus?

John