Notices

Come on guys.....

Search this Thread

Old 19 October 2007, 08:23 PM
corserrep
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Come on guys.....

I must say I'm badly disappointed at the coverage my little sis's car has got, since her first scoobynet outing.......

She spent ages getting it minted up for the run, and not only was it the only Mica Green scooby there, but in my opinion... it was the most standard and original.....

So come on guys.... give bekee some notoriety, and credit.....

post some pics of her wee pride and joy.....

Thanx guys and gals......

Ps... the coverage my dads Lotus got was much appreciated.... he'd have been well chuffed..... hope you meet up again soon....
Old 20 October 2007, 08:32 AM
bekee
Scooby Regular

awwwwwwww thanks paul!!! i have faith in these guys on here. its ur fault anyways!!!!! bloody lotus took the limelite away from me!!!!! lol. no better car 2 be outshone by hey dad?
Old 20 October 2007, 05:15 PM
Dee NI
Scooby Regular

How about this then to keep yous quiet!

But as for nicest wagon of the day, I like this baby alot..

Here's one of the Lotus

Damien
Old 20 October 2007, 05:23 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

damien ta very muchly! appreciate it
Old 20 October 2007, 05:24 PM
Dee NI
Scooby Regular

I'd get rid of the red wheel bolts though if it were mine
Old 20 October 2007, 05:26 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Wink

Thanks DEE NI, im just out cleaning the old girl at the minute.
Thinking of going cruising tonight up round magherafelt or that and maybe get another fill of super unleaded at Murrays.
Filled the car up there last Sunday and it seems to be great stuff, loadsa popping and flames....can only be a good thing

Kevin
Old 20 October 2007, 05:44 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

nah. bolts wer my idea. its my touch of originality. im keepin em on!!!!
Old 20 October 2007, 08:02 PM
corserrep
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dee NI
How about this then to keep yous quiet!

But as for nicest wagon of the day, I like this baby alot..

Here's one of the Lotus

Damien
Whats this 'keep you quiet' comment......????

Is it too much to ask to see your car included, when you make the effort?

and yes.... I am a crabit ****.... deal with it....

Last edited by corserrep; 20 October 2007 at 08:03 PM. Reason: crabbed!
Old 20 October 2007, 08:19 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one way to get more coverage is to cover more miles next time. points make prizes and miles make pictures
Old 20 October 2007, 09:17 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bushiwarrior
one way to get more coverage is to cover more miles next time. points make prizes and miles make pictures
would have covered more miles if the convoy had been slower btween mfelt and cookstown. didnt leave the convoy out of choice u guys seem 2 have forgot that ther wer kids on the run 2, and we dont all drive like ejits with kids in the car
Old 20 October 2007, 09:28 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

"Would have to stress again that this is not a race ffs, but a MEMORIAL run and as such "proper" driving would be appreciated".... does any1 remember this????
Old 20 October 2007, 10:05 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

i personally dont remember anyone speeding and all the video footage shows that. Overtaking yes but not speeding. We were in the slow lane mostly averaging 50 mph according to my GPS. Other people had children in their cars namely fabio and ulsterscooby and managed the round trip and lived to tell the tale We at times if we got split up going through towns stopped all leading cars to regroup to allow the convoy to regather.
Old 20 October 2007, 10:19 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5 Boyo
Thanks DEE NI, im just out cleaning the old girl at the minute.
Thinking of going cruising tonight up round magherafelt or that and maybe get another fill of super unleaded at Murrays.
Filled the car up there last Sunday and it seems to be great stuff, loadsa popping and flames....can only be a good thing

Kevin

Cheers man, Im getting real positive feedback on the quality of the super and appreciate your endorsement. New opening hours soon by demand. Watch this space...
It pays to do it right buying the best and selling it honest
Old 20 October 2007, 10:37 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Wink Any word of a version 5 spoiler for me....

Originally Posted by scubbay
Cheers man, Im getting real positive feedback on the quality of the super and appreciate your endorsement. New opening hours soon by demand. Watch this space...
It pays to do it right buying the best and selling it honest
Yep its goos stuff hi, pity u werent open late tonight as im heading up ur direction a run now to cruise about. I was on phone to u earlier ther about a v5 spoiler?? If u can get me one or even a second hand one i would be interested, but defo dont want a v6 one, think theyre too high You open on sunday at all for fuel??
Old 20 October 2007, 10:37 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Scubbay, your high octane fuel, is it 97 RON super unleaded or something different???
Old 20 October 2007, 10:38 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

i personally dont remember anyone speeding and all the video footage shows that. Overtaking yes but not speeding. We were in the slow lane mostly averaging 50 mph according to my GPS. Other people had children in their cars namely fabio and ulsterscooby and managed the round trip and lived to tell the tale We at times if we got split up going through towns stopped all leading cars to regroup to allow the convoy to regather.
im not goin 2 argue. u guys know the score. but seriously, it has made me reconsider attending any other runs out. it only takes 1 car 2 split the group up. and i drove a fair few miles without seein the convoy "stopped 2 regroup". cant believe this has all started cos i wanted a pic of my car . ulsterscooby u made me more than welcome so dont be takin this as a personal attack against u, and the same 2 the others who introduced themselves that day but UR BUM U WERENT SPEEDING!
Old 20 October 2007, 10:42 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

IM SORRY I ASKED FOR PICS NOW
Old 20 October 2007, 11:10 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Scubbay, your high octane fuel, is it 97 RON super unleaded or something different???
Its Texaco 97 ron bud except I buy a smaller quantity weekly to keep it fresh. Costs me a little more but the feedback from my punters is very very positive.
Because I sell Impreza imports Im aware that the quality of the fuel is essential to my station being a sucess.
No blending no messing just honest fuel!
There is a thread on j44 which backs up everything Ive said !
Old 20 October 2007, 11:30 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bekee
IM SORRY I ASKED FOR PICS NOW
What age are you bekee?
Im assuming you are quite young from your posts.
From what Ive read of your posts youve recently lost youre dad which must be terrible for you and your family. Rightly so he is held in high esteem and his memory is paramount in your thoughts and feelings. I and Im sure everyone here have every respect for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.
Just reflect on this however, everyone you meet in your day have their own load to bear in whatever fashion, some carry it well and some struggle. I hope you will carry yours well and make him proud.
Old 21 October 2007, 12:22 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Got to agree with Bushiwarrior, I was frequently left behind due to stopping to gather video footage. I was able to catch the convoy without difficulty, on some occasions the last car could have about ten minutes on and I needed to overtake the entire convoy to get my next bit of video and there were the usual dose of sunday drivers on the roads doing 70 in the overtaking lane and passing nothing, not using their mirrors or driving 'safely' at 20mph below the speed limit.

Don't be put off by what you percieve to be a bad experience. The first meet that I attended was in February last year, it was about minus 10 degrees at sprucefield and about 40 of us hung about in the carpark for a couple of hours freezing our asses off, part of the group headed to Carnology for a car show, for some reason myself and others thought the plan was to head to Oxford Island, so 4 cars ended at Oxford Island some of the others re-grouped at Carnology and the guys who had travelled for hours from as far away as Cork, were left totally lost and confused. That was our first attempt at a meet and it was total confusion and chaos. Sundays meet was a well planned operation by comparison. My point is, dont be discouraged, there have been loads of great meets since, our trip to the ISDC meet in Dublin, the convoys through Rostrevor, Lurgan and Sundays drive through Omagh being the most memorable. Part of the craic of owning an impreza is the meets and being 'part of the club' - be careful with your criticism though, you may get the job of leading the next convoy...

Last edited by tarmac terror; 21 October 2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 21 October 2007, 12:47 AM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

well said mate
Old 21 October 2007, 01:29 AM
corserrep
Scooby Regular

Smile

What age are you bekee?
From what Ive read of your posts youve recently lost youre dad which must be terrible for you and your family. Rightly so he is held in high esteem and his memory is paramount in your thoughts and feelings. I and Im sure everyone here have every respect for your loss and my thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.
Just reflect on this however, everyone you meet in your day have their own load to bear in whatever fashion, some carry it well and some struggle. I hope you will carry yours well and make him proud.
In fairness, I have to say, the run was well conducted.... albeit, some of the roads weren't known to a lot of us, but were still manageable......

Its not easy, pleasing everyone, but to keep the majority happy, is a feat in itself...

just no pleasing some folk.........
Old 21 October 2007, 09:26 AM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

I have 2 say bekee I was the third car in the convoy and I had my 2 kids in the car I cant say wat happened in the middle r at the rear of the convoy but Brocks did a very good job of leadin the convoy stayin at very sensible speeds (i know this was hard 4 him) on roads he didnt know but had 2 take as the main roads where closed due 2 road works.

The covoy was stoppin quite regulary 4 ppl 2 regroup after major junctions and traffic lights, I'm sorry u didnt enjoy ur first outin as this was my first and I defo enjoyed it. Hope it hasnt put u off & hope 2 c u at Donnellys with ur kids on Sat 27th for another good day.
Old 21 October 2007, 10:37 AM
ulsterscooby
Scooby Regular

Location: Way out in front!!, wheels spinnin, flame spittin, turbo spoolin!!! --- Go home love, nobody cares!

I was quiet close to the rear of the convoy and in constant communication with Scott when ever the convoy showed signs of splitting ie town centres etc.

There were plenty of stops to regroup Im sorry to hear you didnt enjoy it Bekee infact we wondered where you had got to as we were standing around in enniskillen after lunch.

As for the lack of photos of your car the guys taking the pics done a fantastic job but the majority of pics were taken after Magherafelt and on the motorway sections of the journey.

Please dont be put off by the way the day worked out for you the whole logistics of organising and controlling 70+ cars through town centres must have been a total nightmare for scott so im sure the last thing he wants to hear is negative feedback.
All in all it was a great day out especially for us that had cars full of kids hopefully you wont be boycotting our future meets and runs out you never know we may do a northcoast road run in the near future

Rob
Old 21 October 2007, 03:59 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

u guys must think im a real winge! im just tellin it how i saw it. as for leading/organising a run BRING IT ON!!!!! i have been a commitee member of a classic car club with my dad for many years so have a good bit of experience organising, marshalling, u name it! but all im sayin is a convoy so large is goin 2 have hiccups. which may have been avoided.
Old 21 October 2007, 04:10 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

What age are you bekee?
its been extremely hard for me. and all of my family. i bought my scooby to help lift my mind. the convoy run was the first run i have been on without daddy. it was a sad day for me in many ways........knowing it was a memorial run, bein in a car my dad never saw, and followin his lotus. i hope daddy is proud of me, and i am just like him in many ways. being particular is one of them. we spent so many hours with cars , and runs, rallies, and everything had 2 be just right. so i apologise if any1 has taken offence to my comments about the convoy. its just not the way "dad would have done it" , but then again, ther will never be any1 like him. im 26, so im not a child, and i have 2 kids myself, but i miss my daddy terribly. we wer very close. i know it will take a while for me 2 accept things, and i know within myself my attitude has changed as regards certain things, so guys bear with me. if i say somthin u dont like, ignore it. and bushiwarrior get off my case.
Old 21 October 2007, 04:20 PM
OLLIeRB5
Scooby Regular

loving kevins RB5

i too got lost... not my fault :P.. it was the other rb5.. not kevin

but its enivitable some people were going to get left behind regardless, i was trying ym best to keep the convoy in sight while also holding back for the lotus, and IMO it was the junction where the motorhome appeared and separated us that resulted in the group getting majorly split. but it just wasnt possible... and i personally didnt have a bloody clue where i was going.. as many may have noticed as we left junction 1

Last edited by OLLIeRB5; 21 October 2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: txt
Old 21 October 2007, 04:23 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OLLIeRB5
loving kevins RB5

i too got lost... not my fault :P.. it was the other rb5.. not kevin

but its enivitable some people were going to get left behind regardless, i was trying ym best to keep the convoy in sight while also holding back for the lotus, and IMO it was the junction where the motorhome appeared and separated us that resulted in the group getting majorly split. but it just wasnt possible... and i personally didnt have a bloody clue where i was going.. as many may have noticed as we left junction 1
WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the day has gone! those who enjoyed enjoyed, and those who didnt didnt. i wont give up on u guys tho! just wont go last again!
Old 21 October 2007, 04:24 PM
bekee
Scooby Regular

maybe its cos i aint got a turbo............................................. .....sport was gettin it tight enuff!
Old 21 October 2007, 11:20 PM
bushiwarrior
Scooby Regular

listen im not on your case bekee but everyone else enjoyed the run apart from you. IF 99% of people thought it was a good day and 1% thought it could have been alot better then as far as im concerned 99% are right tbh. I know speaking to brocks that it was not an easy task to organise this which had to have a parades commision approval so in all fairness if you wana have an opinion on the criticism of how it was run expect to be criticised and take it on the chin in the spirit that you delt it.

Quick Reply: Come on guys.....