Notices

Donegal Rally Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2004, 04:27 PM
Sloaner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donegal Rally Roll Call

Whos all going to the rally this weekend? Its one of the best rallys about.
Old 17 June 2004, 04:28 PM
Sloaner
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sloaner
Whos all going to the rally this weekend? Its one of the best rallys about.
Nesbit is driving a new S9 which is rumoured to be Mikko Hirvonens from earlier this season. Thats good going for a local boy. Prepared by Kenny McKinstry (And Prodrive i suppose)
Old 17 June 2004, 05:02 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Cool rally heaven!!!!

You are right Donegal is the best of the tarmac rally's for spectators, I will be there from friday morning right through to sunday. Haven't missed a year ( bar cancellations and foot and mouth ) for 12 years!!!!
Old 23 June 2004, 01:14 AM
jon44w
Scooby Regular

Brocks was it you I met on the Sperrins? If so I missed you in the Donegal. Cheers for a good Friday Sloaner, it was a fantastic weekend as always. I even had the mispleasure of seeing Malcolm Wilsons young lad go over the cliff in his Focus WRC. If anyone see the airwolf style black tinted out helicopter flying about that was theirs. Awesome.
Old 14 July 2004, 10:11 PM
brocks
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by jon44w
Brocks was it you I met on the Sperrins? If so I missed you in the Donegal. Cheers for a good Friday Sloaner, it was a fantastic weekend as always. I even had the mispleasure of seeing Malcolm Wilsons young lad go over the cliff in his Focus WRC. If anyone see the airwolf style black tinted out helicopter flying about that was theirs. Awesome.
Sorry for the delay in replying had to go on honeymoon!!
yep it was me in the sperrins, great day out, donegal rocked (as usual).
See you around I'm sure!!
Old 16 July 2004, 09:51 PM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

There was 3 of us from Scotland across from the Thursday until the Sunday evening.
First time any of us had been to the Donegal Rally, and we all had a great time. 5 of us are already coming over for next year.

We flew from Edinburgh to Belfast for £1.49 plus airport tax, and hired a car at the airport.

I think we got to about 12 stages over the 3 days, so pretty good. The stages themselves are quite similar overall to what we get at the Jim Clark in Duns. Some places have high hedges and the view isn't too good, so we just moved somewhere else. But I've already marked up the maps of good and bad ready for next year.

Everyone we met was very friendy and amazed we had come over from Scotland just for a rally. But the flights were cheap, the rallying was good, the beer was good, and the wife's were at home.

The only downside is we haven't seen the rally on TV over here. I was speaking to a cameraman from Ireland at Duns who had done the footage at Donegal also. And he said it was shown on UTV that weekend, so if anyone has a copy recorded, we'd love to see it. So please send me a PM, and I'll pay the costs.

Finally, what other rallies are good in Ireland. We were told that Donegal was about the best, and to avoid the Ulster. Is that correct?

All the best
David
Old 16 July 2004, 10:04 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I have a very good friend who's from Rathmullen. He told me about the Donegal Rally back in '98. Guess where we took my RB5 on it's 1000-mile run in? yep, you guessed it, to Donegal.

Been back twice since then and always had a fantastic time. Couldn't make it back this year, but should be there in 2005 so keep yer eyes peeled for some more Scottish lads

Stefan
Old 18 July 2004, 11:47 AM
OBH6UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DR Motorsport
The only downside is we haven't seen the rally on TV over here. I was speaking to a cameraman from Ireland at Duns who had done the footage at Donegal also. And he said it was shown on UTV that weekend, so if anyone has a copy recorded, we'd love to see it. So please send me a PM, and I'll pay the costs.
If you have Sky digital you can 'add channels', add UTV and you can see RPM most Thursday evenings around 11 PM. RPM shows a lot of Irish rallying.

If you want copies if the two RPM programmes covering the rally I can put them on DVD or VHS (origionally recorded on TiVo so high quality pictures). PM me.

Last edited by OBH6UK; 18 July 2004 at 12:04 PM. Reason: add copies available
Old 19 July 2004, 12:02 AM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

Thanks mate,

I've sent you a PM about the recording.

Also do you have the frequency for UTV so I can add it to my SKY Digital.
It didn't pick it up on the search.

Many thanks
David
Old 19 July 2004, 08:57 AM
OBH6UK
Scooby Regular

Dave,

UTV is on:

Frequency 10906, Polarisation V, Symbol Rate 22, FEC 5/6

Some other ITV regions are also as above and:

Frequency 10832, Polarisation H, Symbol Rate 22, FEC 5/6