Notices

The Tome Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2004, 08:30 AM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy The Tome Bypass

Anybody here have the misfortune to have to travel this as well? I was comeing up to the end of the motorway yesterday evening and got stuck in traffic as usual, got up near the Randalstown junction and cars, lorries, vans etc were still comming past. I drive a diesel Corsa to work so most of these vehicles are quite intimidateing as they try and bully their way in to the correct lane. I saw a unit and trailer overtakeing on the solid white lines. Ther were no police there yesterday. When I got up to the Elk a VW van tried to push me off the road, he was in the wrong lane for going straight on to the Glenshane so decided to push me out of the way as the van in front of me wouldnt let him in. He seemed to get a bit hot as I didnt either and tailgaited me the rest of the way to Castledawson.

Why is everyone in such a panic all the time? Would those actions not be classed as dangerous driveing?
Old 14 May 2004, 09:53 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barrybudden
Anybody here have the misfortune to have to travel this as well? I was comeing up to the end of the motorway yesterday evening and got stuck in traffic as usual, got up near the Randalstown junction and cars, lorries, vans etc were still comming past. I drive a diesel Corsa to work so most of these vehicles are quite intimidateing as they try and bully their way in to the correct lane. I saw a unit and trailer overtakeing on the solid white lines. Ther were no police there yesterday. When I got up to the Elk a VW van tried to push me off the road, he was in the wrong lane for going straight on to the Glenshane so decided to push me out of the way as the van in front of me wouldnt let him in. He seemed to get a bit hot as I didnt either and tailgaited me the rest of the way to Castledawson.

Why is everyone in such a panic all the time? Would those actions not be classed as dangerous driveing?

Barry,

The cops were down the road trying to catch folks doing 44 in a 40 zone

Hows Dangerous Brian....seen him recently!

Shaun
Old 14 May 2004, 12:53 PM
barrybudden
Scooby Regular

Dangerous Brian has been moved on to another security position, who knows it could be you next!

I wnt in to get a family sized tub of Mauds ice cream the other day and told the girl behind the counter I wanted half vanila and half pooh bear, she looked at me for a minute then said "sorry but you get 7 scoupes in a family tub." I said "then give me 3 scoups of one and 4 of the other." "Oh ok then" she said.
Old 14 May 2004, 02:07 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barrybudden
Dangerous Brian has been moved on to another security position, who knows it could be you next!

I wnt in to get a family sized tub of Mauds ice cream the other day and told the girl behind the counter I wanted half vanila and half pooh bear, she looked at me for a minute then said "sorry but you get 7 scoupes in a family tub." I said "then give me 3 scoups of one and 4 of the other." "Oh ok then" she said.
PMSL

Its amazing the level of intelligence in the customer servicing industries nowadays.

I went to Centra yesterday, and asked for a "Pasta & Prawns salad bowl". The girl then said "What type of salad do you want in here, lettuce, tomatoe....." No thanks I replied, just Prawns & Pasta please.

"You can't have just prawns & pasta sir" she says.

"Why Not" I say

"Because you have to have salad in with it" she says.

"But I don't want salad, I just want pasta & prawns".

Anyway, I ramble on a bit, eventually after much tooing & froing, the manager came over and said something to the wee girl, couldn't hear what, but I got what I wanted in the end.

This was about 1.15 and the shop in Botanic ave was packed, so he was probably saying "Give that ****** what he wants and get him the **** out of here"

Shaun
Old 14 May 2004, 07:07 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

The thing that gets me with the Toome bypass is: why build a bypass with 200 roundabouts on it?

I mean, come on, why didn't the main road go straight through and have a few slip lanes for those wishing to get off?

Nope, some halfwit comes up with the idea of making the bypass slower than driving through the actual town. I'm led to believe that some of the HGV drivers are starting to nip back through the town because it's quicker and easier than going around the bypass.

As for Barry's question: I'd guess it is dangerous driving but as has already been pointed out the police are down the road maning a mobile tax collecting unit.
Old 16 May 2004, 07:59 PM
BEW
Scooby Regular

He seemed to get a bit hot as I didnt either
Why is everyone in such a panic all the time?
So what was your excuse then?
Bloody Corsa drivers!
Let the man pull in,he's happy,you're happy and the world will carry on as normal!

(normal Scoobynet head on)
Jesus mate that sounds awful hope you're all recovered now and won't need councilling and a course of prescription drugs to help you sleep!

Old 20 May 2004, 08:55 AM
TurboGirl
Scooby Regular

I also drive a TD Corsa to work and find the same irritating problem - people don't give you any respect in small cars yet if you're in the scoob no-one tail gates you or trys to run you off the road!!!!

I've stopped taking the corsa to work now because I'd rather be out a bit on fuel than come into work infuruated every day! Bring on the scoob power!