Notices

Newbie saying hi

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2020, 04:01 PM
M27 EMD
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Newbie saying hi

hey guys, just checking in, was on old scooby ireland forum years ago....own a 2004 WRX, had her for several years, sold her, then rebought her at start of this year and been fixing her up, front chassis cross-member replaced, new discs, etc etc,,,waiting to get her off SORN for ages with the whole virus thing, been just keepoing her warm on a weekly basis, though for last two weeks shes not starting, turning over fine, new plugs, not getting fuel so either relay or pump i presume but ill get a gander next few days..
anyway, just saying hello, will get a read at the threads in due time, im in Ballymena area,,,cheers
Old 16 October 2020, 06:23 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Welcome mate 🤝🤝 has she changed much since when you sold her?
Old 16 October 2020, 09:06 PM
M27 EMD
Scooby Newbie

cheers mate,, no not one iota apart from being a bit seized and and a bit rusty in that usual weak spot under front radiator cross member....kept her as i when i had her, mild remap, induction kit, ss system, aftermarket black rims with blue tints........just need to get her going again and hope to get her motd then..
Old 16 October 2020, 09:12 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 670 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by M27 EMD
cheers mate,, no not one iota apart from being a bit seized and and a bit rusty in that usual weak spot under front radiator cross member....kept her as i when i had her, mild remap, induction kit, ss system, aftermarket black rims with blue tints........just need to get her going again and hope to get her motd then..
happy days mate, I sold my last blob because of my son being born and although I wanted her back it was quite clear she had been ragged. Sorry but good riddance, onwards and upwards 👍
Old 16 October 2020, 11:03 PM
M27 EMD
Scooby Newbie

ah m8, thats cr_p.... well the only thing ive done to her since buying her back is the plate which will go to my daughter (her initials and birthday) on her 18th,,,,shes young yet so ive time to enjoy it and she hasnt been shown it yet....not sure how long i'll be able to hide it though lol!
The following users liked this post:
Old 07 October 2021, 04:56 PM
M27 EMD
Scooby Newbie

hi folks, so shes through her first mot in several years, thankfully...i notice shes not getting full boost so i suspect turbo may be on way out.... i was thinking of upgrading to a set of sti brembos, and i think i remember from last being on the forum years ago that ali burrows offered the conversion...anyone know if this is still the case, as id prob look at getting the turbo done and brakes upgraded at same time if he would do it...? cheers