Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

embarrassingly stupid question (for owners of classics/sigma m30 alarms)

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2012, 07:02 PM
lanceuppercut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default embarrassingly stupid question (for owners of classics/sigma m30 alarms)

coming from an Audi I loved the single key/alarm fob, so clearly I was onto a loser with a separate key and fob on my classic.

that's not even my biggest gripe about it, when driving around, momentum makes the fob hit the steering column. now clearly the solution is to not have an extra fobs attached to the key but that's quite impractical.

anyone fashioned any sort of holder or clip where the fob can be fastened a bit more securely?

like I said, stupid question
Old 26 April 2012, 07:32 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

Lol this is a funny question to ask mate, r u referring to the sigma alarm fob that has only 1 button on it, the later subarus have it built into the key but, I have not seen anything for classics, u could try eBay I guess
Old 26 April 2012, 08:23 PM
lanceuppercut
Scooby Regular

yep thats the one, the fob with the single button smack dab in the middle, pointless design!

i'd love to switch to the all in one key but dont think i can without replacing the alarm, not something i want to do as there is nothing wrong with the alarm in general.

i've seen the keys on ebay, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Subaru...item20c4e2a252, the key cutting is easyish and i can see where i guess my immobiliser/transponder chip from the existing key goes in but i wonder how the alarm works and how it powers the fob as the sigma m30 fob has a whacking big battery in it!

i think if i can program one of those things to unlock/lock the system, i can try and get a locksmith (or someone!) to cut a matching blade and transplant the little rectangular transponder over unless its more complicated than that?

if not, i would have just mangled a perfectly good key
Old 27 April 2012, 04:21 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

You can get a different Sigma fob (AC110??) that is stronger
Old 29 April 2012, 12:24 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

You won't do it mate, the only option is to remove the sigma from the car and buy 1 of those cheap crap eBay alarms with the key fob and key built into it,

You will soon get used to the key fob when your Subaru starts playing up lol, it will be the last thing on your mind