P1/STI interior in a wagon

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2011, 01:47 PM
james_scott21
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile P1/STI interior in a wagon

Hay all

I’ve got a UK 2000 Turbo wagon and I'm a bit board of the interior now so was thinking of changing the front seats for some P1 seats, This in its self isn’t a problem but don’t think it will look to good if i left the standard door cards and rear bench.

so was wondering if a set of STI door Cards and a rear bench from a V5/6 STI Wagon would look better or would it be easier to just get my originals re-trimmed to suit???.

Any thoughts or pic's of similar ideas welcome .
Old 21 December 2011, 02:14 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm almost sure that the rear seats aren't the same, since those in the wagon fold, and the others are either rigid, or pass through.
I THINK the P1 ones are rigid, STi ones certainly are.

However, my UK 98 turbo, (light grey/dark grey seats, light grey doorcard inserts), ran for a couple of years with the red/blue STi6 seats, front and rear, then I changed the doorcards last year. And then only because I was sick of the light grey showing the muck

Remember that doorcards ONLY fit if you have the right ones: pre-facelift/facelift .
Old 21 December 2011, 04:21 PM
james_scott21
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by alcazar
I'm almost sure that the rear seats aren't the same, since those in the wagon fold, and the others are either rigid, or pass through.
I THINK the P1 ones are rigid, STi ones certainly are.

However, my UK 98 turbo, (light grey/dark grey seats, light grey doorcard inserts), ran for a couple of years with the red/blue STi6 seats, front and rear, then I changed the doorcards last year. And then only because I was sick of the light grey showing the muck

Remember that doorcards ONLY fit if you have the right ones: pre-facelift/facelift .

Hay thanks for the reply, I understand what you mean about the rigid/ folding seats.

But my plan was to use grey door cards from a STI 5/6 wagon and the folding rear bench from a STI wagon to marry up with the P1 Front seats as the rear bench will have a grey center strip similar to the P1 (sorry should have probably made that clearer ish). Just thought someone on here may know is the materials from the STI Rear bench are similar in looks as I don’t want to buy them and find they are completely different.

Thanks again for your reply
Old 21 December 2011, 09:01 PM
witchamptonscoobie
Scooby Regular

get them done rear bench and cards shouldnt cost much as theyre easy its the fronts that are an **** so thats 70% of the bill

i did mine as im an upholsterer and very easy

Old 22 December 2011, 03:47 PM
james_scott21
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the reply

how much do you think it would cost roughly to retrim the door cards and the rear bench!!!!!.

Your interior lookes brill, especially the red against the black.

Thanks again
Old 22 December 2011, 04:58 PM
witchamptonscoobie
Scooby Regular

if i was to do it around 200quid if you supply fabric
Old 22 December 2011, 05:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

That looks class. Not sure about how well the red will do with marks, but it looks class.
Old 12 June 2012, 11:31 PM
Donz144
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the process of having my hawk wagon retrimmed in black ribbed cloth and full alcantara including door cards, head rests and pint STi embroidered logos at considerably more expense!! £850 but it will look the ****!
Old 14 June 2012, 09:41 AM
james_scott21
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Donz144
I'm in the process of having my hawk wagon retrimmed in black ribbed cloth and full alcantara including door cards, head rests and pint STi embroidered logos at considerably more expense!! £850 but it will look the ****!
Nice, You'll have to post up some pics of that once its done, well i've managed to source an STI rear bench and some STI V5/6 Door cards (keeping my eye out for some more though as they aren't in the best of condition). Just need the P1 front seats now lol.
Old 14 June 2012, 12:02 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Rare as Hen's Teeth........I have V6 STi ones in mine.

I put the seats in first, then, about a year later, came across a full set of v6 ('00) doorcards on ebay, got them for £64 in mint condition, the seller threw in a full set of window switches, lock surrounds and about a dozen trim pieces and let me have them for £60 because I collected and had to wait for him to get home. Thoroughly nice guy.

Then I sold my OLD grey and shark doorcards for £50, so felt I'd done a deal