Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Looking for an aftermarket drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2011, 09:40 AM
wilbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for an aftermarket drivers seat

I have been driving my 05 WRX for around 3 months now and have noticed that the seat is not as supportive as my old celica, and I tend to slide about in the corners. I have quite a slim build and I physically move a fair amount from side to side plus I don’t feel that the bolsters support your legs much.

I am therefore considering getting an aftermarket bucket or recliner seat. Ideally I don’t want to run harnesses and would be looking to spend up to £400. Can anyone suggest any worth looking at? I remember having a drive in my friends DC2 and the recaro’s in that were very supportive.
Old 20 October 2011, 10:43 AM
oobyJu
Scooby Regular

been thinking same for my '04, also had celica with adjustable bolsters and it looks like demon tweaks is about the only place where there's a selection you can sit in, wouldn't buy without trying personally, bad decision to get wrong.
Old 20 October 2011, 10:51 AM
wilbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oobyJu
been thinking same for my '04, also had celica with adjustable bolsters and it looks like demon tweaks is about the only place where there's a selection you can sit in, wouldn't buy without trying personally, bad decision to get wrong.
Will definitely go and sit in them, may look into a trip to Demon Tweeks, just wondered if anyone had changed theirs and what they recommended. Cant live with the standard one, I slide all over it! Its either buy a new seat, or put some weight on so I fit in it better