Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Dash lid thing

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 01:21 PM
adw555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Has anyone had a problem with that Lid thing on the top of the MY00 dash?. Seems as thought the hinge has come away and it now rattles like mad....dealer says the whole dash has to come out to fix it....oh no, that'll mean rattles for ever !
Old 09 October 2001, 01:25 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

The whole dash does not have to come out, you can take that section out on its own.

1/2 an hour in and out.
Old 09 October 2001, 01:30 PM
adw555
Scooby Regular

Excellent...they tried by removing the two visible screws in that section, but that was not enough and they told me to bring it back another time as it was a big job. Do you know where the other screws are hidden?...

1/2 an hour in and out.[/B][/QUOTE]

Old 09 October 2001, 07:05 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

there are no other screws remove the 2 you can see and give it a sharp tug it will come out
Old 10 October 2001, 06:31 PM
Gizmo555
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by adw555:
<B>Has anyone had a problem with that Lid thing on the top of the MY00 dash?. Seems as thought the hinge has come away and it now rattles like mad....dealer says the whole dash has to come out to fix it....oh no, that'll mean rattles for ever ![/quote]

I tried like crazy to get mine out but with a fair bit of tugging it does come out.
The lid hinge is held to the base by 1 screw either side. You will find the plastic which the screw screws into in the base part has broken. I fitted a longer screw and has been OK so far.
Old 11 October 2001, 12:12 AM
adw555
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gizmo555:
<B> I tried like crazy to get mine out but with a fair bit of tugging it does come out.
The lid hinge is held to the base by 1 screw either side. You will find the plastic which the screw screws into in the base part has broken. I fitted a longer screw and has been OK so far.[/quote]

I had a go last night, after removing the two screws it still seemed to be attached around the vents area..felt it was going to break when I pulled on it...I'll have another go later..

Old 11 October 2001, 10:41 AM
adw555
Scooby Regular

Angry

Yea, I removed the two screws, but after a bit of pulling, it felt like it would break rather that come out. It seemed to be still attached around the vents area...it's a MY00, although I don't think that makes a difference...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Gizmo555:
<B> I tried like crazy to get mine out but with a fair bit of tugging it does come out.
The lid hinge is held to the base by 1 screw either side. You will find the plastic which the screw screws into in the base part has broken. I fitted a longer screw and has been OK so far.[/quote]

Old 11 October 2001, 02:42 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Mine is also knackered. There's a sprung metal bar across the back of the lid (you can't see it normally, it's under the tray) and it's screwed to a pair of plastic posts on the tray. The plastic posts have broken on mine, causing the lid to rattle about. I took the lot out and removed the lid, but it looks rubbish now. I think I'll have to get a gauge pod instead.

As far as removal goes, just remove the two screws, hold onto the metal bar and pull as hard as possible. The whole lot should come out, including the airvents, and you'll probably end up on the back seat.
Old 11 October 2001, 10:02 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just had mine replaced at the dealer under warranty. Was plastic before inside and is now felt. Sideways reckons it's for playing cards on LOL

Cheers Phill C
Old 13 October 2001, 09:23 PM
adw555
Scooby Regular

...thanks guys...I got it out and made a temporary repair...we'll see if they repair it under warranty at the 22.5K service...cheers!
Old 20 October 2001, 12:19 AM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

My post was here but it disapeared. It was posted on the 11th October. It was under Carls post and above Babbers post. I'll post again and try and get as much info in as the last time.

I have removed mine 3 times. It was replaced under warranty coz my plastic posts where the screws go into were also broken, probably by the mongrels that fitted my airconditioning at the dealers. I received the car with the lid broken. That's why I assume it was done when they did the airco.

The whole thing does get replaced including the airvents as one. I find that the easiest way to remove it, is by firstly removing the 2 screws, as described above on a previous post and then wrapping a bed sheet or similar around a flat blade screwdriver and fitting the screwdriver where the arrow is in the picture posted below, at the part where the plastic bit curves inwards, (I mean the plastic bit of the part that is getting replaced). Carefuly lift this bit with the screw driver so your finger fits in there and put the screw driver away, coz now you would have replaced the screw driver with your finger. Slowly and with gradual strength pull outwards with your finger and it will eventually click out. Replacing is just simply pushing in place.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Wrexy.

PS Hope this one don't go missing again.

Old 21 October 2001, 05:25 AM
Peaty
Scooby Regular

Some details here with pics:

http://www.scoobymods.com/mods/impreza/gauge.php

Peaty

www.scoobymods.com