Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2001, 03:56 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

ooh, two questions within mins of each other, I'd better watch myself

Anyway.
beasty has A-pillar mounted boost gauge, which is nice.

I'm <I>thinking about thinking about™</I> some additional gauges for the blackbeast.

Not too sure what gauges to go for as I've got boost, but certainly would want AFR, same as Stef, mainly as it looks really groovy when it's doing it's thang. Sad I know! Think I'd also go for oil pressre and possibly exhast temp. Suggestions as to what else to go for appreciated.

Anway, next question, where to mount the bloody things! beast is MY94 WRX Wagon, and thus the cubby holder replacement pod might not work, though i've not actually seen what it would look like if put on a MY94 (anyone tried it?)
So where to mount them? i know that you can get a DIN size housing, but I quite like the space that the din hole gives me.

So what can I do? any ideas?
Personally I was thinking about maybe getting some MDF and making my own housing unit to fit on the dash. There is a nice lip running round the top of the dash, and I though that a panel that goes from instrument cowling right across to passenger side would maybe look good, plus provide a lot of space for lots of gauges, or other bits. i don't actually put anything on the dash, so I'd not really lose anything doing this. Though I've kinda dismissed this idea as I'm a bit crap at DIY.

so, what can I do?
Old 23 March 2001, 02:58 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

Same situation.

Plus I dont want to look down at the stereo to see if the engine is about to go bang when I'm blatting up some country lane.

I have been looking at Demon Tweaks etc for a universal pod that sits on top of the dash, and have just ordered at £21 version to see what it looks like, if its any good I'll let you know.

Old 23 March 2001, 04:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

oooh, a response, at last, and from barge as well!
seems you reply to 90 percent of my posts

let me know how you get on, hey, might even see you and the pod at a meet!

I'm really temped by the MDF solution. would sit on the lip near the top of the dash, would give loads of room for gauges. dunno, maybe I'll just settle for the additional bonnet scoops instead of gauges, though I really want an AFR gauge like Stef'sm mainly as it looks so cool, sad I know, but what do you expect from a part-time volvo driver
Old 23 March 2001, 06:36 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

I answer 90% of your emails as well !!

I supose we could go mad like the ProMod dragster guys & have the gauges on the outside of the screen lookin in !!

You will need to be pretty good with the MDF to make it look good.

Are you looking at the Grasshoper meet this coming Sunday ??

Edit cos I could not get the pub name right.

[This message has been edited by barge (edited 23 March 2001).]