Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

beast seats

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2001, 03:43 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, yes it <B>is</B> meant to say beast and not best, coz it's about the blackbeasts seats

Anyway,

Went into, shhhh, don't tell anyone, Halfords, at the weekend. Since thier merge with Ripspeed they have a nice range off stuff, which included some corbeau seats, which I sat my big fat old **** in, and thought, hmmmmm, new seats for the beast.

This is currently one of my 'I'm <B>thinking about thinking</B>' threads, thus I might not do this for a while, or at all, but it'd be nice to have info anyway.

So, What replacement seats to go for? bearing in mind that blackbeast is MY94 WRX Wagon with the winged type seats which are. I think usually standard in later uk spec cars.

I'm thinking:

* From STi - if so then which year? will they fit right on?

* P1 - yeah, dreaming, who's gonna give me thier P1 seats?

* Recaro - which one?

* Corbeau - which one (GTS Recliner is nice)

* Sparco

* others...

Obviously for the non scooby ones I'd need runner kits etc.

So, what would you/do you have, and what prices?
Old 21 March 2001, 10:03 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Markus,

My missus has got the Corbeau GTS Recliners in her car and she thinks they are great - we saw Corbeau at the Autosport show and she liked the look and feel of them so we spoke to one of the chaps there (I think he's since left) and he said that he'd do us the two seats and runner kits all in for £350 cash - normally £500+ according to their price list.

They took about 5 weeks to come through and even though our initial contact has left, they still said that cash would be fine, and all I needed to do was send the money by recorded delivery.

Top bunch of people

Scott
Old 21 March 2001, 11:33 PM
Paul K
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

Hi.
We have recently ordered some seats from Corbeau (the RS2) as the standard 97 seats and my back did not agree. Anyway I see you live in the Kent area, the Corbeau factory is in Hastings so you could do what we did and pay them a visit and try a few seats out. They're a helpful bunch but can be quite busy (supose that's a good sign).
Cheers Paul
Old 22 March 2001, 10:04 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Paul,
whereabouts in hastings are they. the big H is onl about 35 - 45 mins away so it really close.
Old 22 March 2001, 10:11 PM
Paul K
Scooby Newbie

Markus.
Just looked up the address and it's seemingly in St.Leonards must be close to the boundaries. Anyway they are at Wainright Close on the Curchfield Industrial Estate (near Tescos, and the Nissan, Alfa and I think Fiat cant remember whether it's still there or not dealerships). I don't know how well you know the Hastings area, if you would like more detailed instructions of how to get there feel free to email me. Its probably best to ring them first to book a time as they are fairly busy. Their telephone number is 01424 854499. Hope that is of some use.
Cheers Paul
Old 23 March 2001, 08:10 PM
Kempo
Scooby Regular

Smile

Marcus
Got some Corbeau Carera Recliner seats for my MY95 last year and they are awesome - very comfortable and reasonable price. Paid 450 quid for 2 seats and frames incl VAT.

Got them from Scorpion Motorsport mail order and they took about 2 weeks for them to knock up the frames.

The seats look like and are as good as the standard sports seats in my my mates MY00.

Paul