General Cleaning advice

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2003, 10:49 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all.

Now that I've sorted myself out a decent scooby, I'm wanting to keep the car looking good so can you guys pass some useful tips my way?

I'm after reccomendations and advice on keeping my Impreza in a1 condition, so can anyone give me any tips and advice on what are the best products and methods for keeping the Scoobie interiors clean (other than not using them at all!).

What are the best ways to keep alloy wheels and tyres looking great.

The bonnet has a quite a few reasonably deep chips (it was a motorway car for most of its previous use), what's the best way to get rid of them? Other than a new bonnet!

There's a few patchs of light rust around the end of the exhaust, can these be effectivly got rid of?

Any other advice would be great!

Tony
Scoobie Newbie!

Old 17 October 2003, 03:38 PM
AJT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surprised no-ones replied to you Tony - there's a multitude of advice on cleaning Scoobies

Firstly - when you wash the car, just wipe around door cards, dash, console etc with wash leather. This keeps grime at bay for longer.

Rubber & Vinyl Care (autoglym) keeps plastic looking good.

Autoglym glass polish for windows (inside & out)- it dries to a dust and wipes off effortlessly.

Polish your wheels with same stuff you do the paintwork with. Makes cleaning them easy (brake dust should just wipe off). Reapply polish every month or so. Tyres get a wipe around with one of the 'dressings' available (I use Autoglym on a wash-up sponge).

Try the Chipsaway franchise for the bonnet (do a search on Google) - you'll be suprised what they can do.

Exhaust can be cleaned with metal polish (Brillo etc) or Autoglym again.

I've only mentioned autoglym for above as it's cheap and it's a matter of personal experience what you chose to use. For paintwork please don't use Autoglym - it'll give you the worse swirl marks you can get ! If you can afford it - go for Swissol stuff (paint rubber, sheild wax etc), you'll never use anything else once you're converted!

Happy cleaning !

Alex