Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Heating & Cooling

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2003, 02:22 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Does anyone else find that if they put the heater on its coldest setting it blows cold....fine. But just one click towards the hot and it now blows red hot, it does not seem to have a temperature range like it should and therefore I can't find a happy medium.

Help anyone
Old 20 March 2003, 02:42 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
today i found that putting the setting to the coldest was actually blowing hot air

wish i'd got a/c
Old 21 March 2003, 03:01 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

I've got a/c on mine but I can honestly say I have NEVER used it.

I've found that when it's cold outside if I turn to dial to red it gets warm inside! And when it's hot outside if I turn the dial to blue it gets cool inside!

I personally can't see any benefit in having the Scooby type of aircon. I've had cars with "proper" aircon (led display) where you can set a temperature that's comfortable (eg 20 degrees) and the aircon keeps the interior at that temp. But the Scooby doesn't work like that does it?? Or am I missing something??

Old 21 March 2003, 06:52 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

scooby new, what model have you got?

I have a '99, and when its hot outside, you start to sweat like a P.I.G...Putting the cooler to blue only shoots out fast hot air taken from outside!
Old 26 March 2003, 07:35 PM
Scooby New
Scooby Regular

Akshay - mine's an MY00 UK Turbo
Old 26 March 2003, 10:50 PM
siwrx
Scooby Regular

i took my aircon off
Old 27 March 2003, 01:19 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Cool

Strange people lol.
Air con is quality if yer car has been parked in sum all day (if it ever stays out all day) then air con is the daddy at cooling down & the difference between just blowing the air without heating it is totally different 2 the cold air created by air con & sure havign windows open etc may dispel the hot air quite quick it dont replace it with ice cold stuff. The thing where u set actual temperature u want is climate control from my understanding which is a stage further up the ladder of sweat bit removal c/o toys Air con is also the bollox at demisting windows etc! (which is apparently also good way 2 test if yer a/c is working proper stick on recyc with misty window & shud clear straight away with air con. How true i dunno but tiz wot i herd)
Also a/c should be refilled out given a once over by knowledgable type ever 2 years or sumin like that..... & u shud give yer air con aa blast at least once a week to ensure it stays working! Chap @ TSL did givce me the technical jargon as to why u need 2 do this but bottom line is do it if u have it! (christ MPG is bad enough with scoobs anyway so a/c aint no biggy on cost front )
Si (+ air con)
Old 28 March 2003, 04:16 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not too fussed about A/C. My problem is with the normal heating and cooling dial. I can't seem to find a happy medium
Old 28 March 2003, 07:56 AM
BoxerFlat4
Scooby Regular

Most Jap import cars have the climate control method - set the temperature, and it sorts the rest out.

One thing I have noticed with the Subaru heating system, it always seems to want to overshoot the dialed temperature, and the cool down from that to the required temperature. I've had the heating system decide to blast out hot air on a warm day, then 2 minutes later it realises it's mistake, and switches back to cold again. If you give it a chance, it will get it right.
Old 28 March 2003, 08:13 AM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

All sounds very strange still thou like sumin is pear shaped......?
Si (resisting gloating that his works fine)