Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Markerstudy

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2012, 10:05 PM
she devil
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Markerstudy

Hi I would just like to say a little about my gripe with insurance companies, I was with Aplan, until 12wks ago when my scooby caught fire, Aplan have been ok, but markerstudy have been a right nitemare to deal with, as I said it's been 12wks and am still no futher than when it happened, I have had nothing but lies from start to finish with them. I am a disabled driver who relies on there car, but to them they don't care. I am the third person I no of that are having a problem and 2 of us are Berkshire Scoobies. Has anyone else had this problem with Markerstudy like me, until they pay out I am without a car, and can't even get one on mobility as don't have money as a down payment.
Old 11 December 2012, 10:19 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here you go, Your not on your own, not sure what the outcome was,

https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-...nt-thread.html
Old 11 December 2012, 11:54 PM
she devil
Scooby Newbie

Have read what was put in that thread, I know the nightmare he went though, I have complained to Markerstudy twice, and the obudsman, it's the lies they come out with that get to me, first they told me it was at one salvage yard, then found it was at another, the salvage yard said the assesor had been out on the friday and markerstudy told me they had just been out and that was the following monday. All I want is a car so that I can get about, it's not funny being disabled and not going anywere.
Old 12 December 2012, 09:20 AM
A-Plan Insurance
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by she devil
Hi I would just like to say a little about my gripe with insurance companies, I was with Aplan, until 12wks ago when my scooby caught fire, Aplan have been ok, but markerstudy have been a right nitemare to deal with, as I said it's been 12wks and am still no futher than when it happened, I have had nothing but lies from start to finish with them. I am a disabled driver who relies on there car, but to them they don't care. I am the third person I no of that are having a problem and 2 of us are Berkshire Scoobies. Has anyone else had this problem with Markerstudy like me, until they pay out I am without a car, and can't even get one on mobility as don't have money as a down payment.
Morning,

Can you PM me your details, so i can have a look at the claim.

Thanks

Clare
Old 12 December 2012, 07:59 PM
she devil
Scooby Newbie

Just want to say thank you to Clare for getting in touch with me and explaining on how it all works with insurance companies, as I said I did'nt have a gripe with A-Plan they have been great. Been told it was in the newbury paper about the car fire and how I drove the car away from thatcham and to a safe place so nobody would get hurt. T x
Old 26 December 2012, 09:07 PM
mshill
Scooby Regular

i had a nightmare with marker study a few years ago when my house was broken into and car was stolen.

I am sure they are registered in Gibraltar /channel islands, so the FSA rules that help the insurer are oot the window and they can play be there own rules.
Old 27 December 2012, 11:40 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Default Regardless of location, Insurers have to be regulated when trading in UK

Hi mshill,

Sorry to hear that you had a hard time when claiming under your policy a few years ago.

Being based overseas provides no shelter for companies looking to trade in the UK - They are subject to the jurisdiction of both the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

If you encounter a problem with ANY Insurer transacting business within the UK you will have access to the Insurer's own complaint process and also that of the FOS.

With regard to Insurer's being based within Gibraltar (which is actually still classed as part of Great Britain & under sovereign rule) or other EU countries, they do have their own regulator. Where trading within other EU countries they can 'passport' (transact business in other EU countries) but they do have to accept the additional regulation and rules of the country they are trading within. Meaning that where they are transacting policies within the UK they have to be registered with the Financial Services Authority (FSA) and will have to adhere to the regulations that apply within the UK.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. Hopefully things worked out with your claim in the end

Originally Posted by mshill
i had a nightmare with marker study a few years ago when my house was broken into and car was stolen.

I am sure they are registered in Gibraltar /channel islands, so the FSA rules that help the insurer are oot the window and they can play be there own rules.

Trending Topics

Old 27 December 2012, 01:17 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

To the OP I hope you get it all sorted, and that your car get repaired to your satisfaction.
I do get a bitter reminder of my previous experiences ( 2 accidents within the last 5 years) and how shoddily the insurance companies and the insurance repair industry think they can treat the general paying public - who ultimately fund their business ! From V poor quality repairs, ie really bad panel gaps, unpainted bits, poor paint quality. Dash showing the car had a brake fault (brake computer needed replacing - yet some how not noticed) and cable missing to brake pad sensors. The same happen to my mum when she had an accident as well, until I sorted it out. They pray on people not noticing these things and just putting up with them.

I would suggest having a v long look at the car when it gets back from the authorized repair agents as they will guarantee to try and cut corners and insist that panel gaps are not that bad, that the scrape was not noticed of the accident etc, hence not sorting it, the bumper fit is fine apart from it sticks out, etc etc. 1st time repair will be a quick do the obvious bits type of repairs with no attention to details.

At the end of the day car repair is a business (hence the cutting corners / do it as quick / cheap as possible attitude which seems to be prevalent in this industry), your insurance broker can help and I suggest talking to them as much as possible and only accepting it back when its 100% and not to be fobbed off. But dont feel afraid to complain higher up within the company if necessary (their own compaints procedure) or call in the FSA and FOS. Don't accept their lies !

II feel the bubble will burst soon on the insurance industry and the insurance repair industry and it will be proven what a complete scam it all is. The sooner the better in my eyes.

Richard