Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this "normal" service from MarkerStudy....???

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2010, 09:01 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Is this "normal" service from MarkerStudy....???

So, it's the middle of November and I wake up for work, make myself a pot of tea and wonder downstairs. Hmmm, where's the carkeys gone from the side...?

Yes, realising my worst fear, thieves had broken into the house and stolen my car with keys. I ring the police, ring the tracker company and start the long worry about is the car ok, in pieces now, will I see it again etc.

Luckily, tracker came through and 8 hours later the car was recovered in good condition (some cosmetic damage inside and out, but nothing irrepairable).

I'd notified my insurance company (SkyInsurance, with whom to this point I'd received great service and a good quote). They advised me that I was actually insured with MarkerStudy .... ok, fair enough. So I ring them up and start the claim.

The next day, I had to have a telephone interview which I can only describe as painful! I had to go through everything I did from leaving the car last to discovering it was missing. However, the lady on the end of the phone could only store 4 or 5 words in her memory at once whilst writing it all down. The result? An annoyed customer that had to talk v e r y s l o w l y with broken sentences. This was the day after the car was stolen.

I was advised to go and collect the car, pay any collection/storage charges as the car was drivable. OK, fair enough. So off I trot and £210 later, I get the car back.

I ring them up to advise them of the condition and my concerns about the keys being at large, and the possibility of the car getting stolen....

I install CCTV at the front of the house and keep 2 cameras on the car at all times. A week goes by and no contact. So I ring them up chasing. "Sorry, we've been trying to get in touch with you..." - err, no you haven't! So I get an update about the claim is progressing, blah blah blah. "The keys are still out there!" I cry. "We'll get someone out to assess the damage as soon as possible".

At this point, they didn't know whether or not to write the car off or not. How they came to this without seeing it I don't know!! So another week passes and I finally (after probably 30 calls at this point) get someone to come to the house. A nice chap, not part of the company, takes some pics of the damage. He was here for about 2 minutes...tells me the bodyshop will be in touch later that day...

So another week goes on, endless calls getting nowhere...I advise them I'm away on holiday and here is my contact number.

Whilst sunning myself, I get a call from the neighbours, "your car has been stolen again. We saw it happen. The police are here...".

FFS!!! Why haven't this company been and collected the car. Why has it taken 4 weeks for them to bloody change some locks?!?!

So I get back and start playing hell. I tell them that the car was recovered after 30 mins due to the tracker. There is now additional damage and I refuse to collect the car. I'm not paying any more storage or collection charges myself, I don't want the car back on my driveway. If they'd sorted it sooner, I wouldn't be in this mess!

I check my policy and I'm entitled to a courtesy car whilst the car is undergoing repairs. So I ring the insurance company up and ask for the car, it is the week before xmas and a mans got shopping and family to see.
I am promised on the Thursday of last week I'd have a car and a decision made on the delivery of it on Friday. I ring three times on Friday and speak to the same lad who promised me this on Thursday... "I can't authorise it today, but I am in tomorrow and will certainly sort it for you then.". So I ring the insurance company up again on Saturday to be told he's left for the day - AT LUNCHTIME!! So I've no Subaru, no courtesy car...great!

I ring them up for 3 hours in total on Monday, and play hell with them on Tuesday. Now they tell me the car will be repaired and is awaiting authorisation. Now the garage will be in touch but its "subject to availability" !!! FFS! I offered to have the car back and I'll repair it myself, and then invoice them. Not possible now!

So, I've had to get myself a hire car at £88 per day. It's been over 5 weeks since I first reported the incident, I've never ever EVER had dealings like this with a company before. They're not interested in customer service, everyone in every department passes the book and no-one is willing to own any responsibility.

I pay £1600 a year for my insurance (with my mods) which at 26 is a lot of money (for me anyway!). I do not expect this sort of service.

I can honestly say I am disgusted with Marker Study and their "customer service". I've contacted the insurance obudsmen who are looking into this for me.

Can I recommend this company at all? Can I *****. As soon as I can, I'll go to A-Plan or someone much more reputable than these cowboys.
Old 22 December 2010, 09:02 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

For info, I've spoken to 16 different people, a total of 87 times since the claim was first reported.
Old 22 December 2010, 10:23 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

That's crap service...
it's a shame you didn't ask around the WYIOC for somewhere to "store" it !

Good luck with the muppets.

dunx
Old 22 December 2010, 10:36 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

For the record I was insured with Marker Study through A-Plan, so going to them might not necessarily solve your problems

That said when I totalled my Scoob they had someone collect it just two days later and once it was determined to be a write off (quite quick as it was pretty obvious) I had a cheque within a month. So not bad service wise in my experience.

Your story however sound like a nightmare. There is no way I'd want to leave a car out in the open knowing full well that some thieving toe rag had the keys. Think I'd want to hide it somewhere and would have also been down Halfords straight away for a DiscLock or similar device but you shouldn't have had to do any of this....
Old 22 December 2010, 10:58 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Markerstudy are a good company, so it's odd there is a problem like this.

I'd suggest contacting Sky and asking them to get involved on your behalf.
Old 22 December 2010, 11:07 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
For the record I was insured with Marker Study through A-Plan, so going to them might not necessarily solve your problems

That said when I totalled my Scoob they had someone collect it just two days later and once it was determined to be a write off (quite quick as it was pretty obvious) I had a cheque within a month. So not bad service wise in my experience.

Your story however sound like a nightmare. There is no way I'd want to leave a car out in the open knowing full well that some thieving toe rag had the keys. Think I'd want to hide it somewhere and would have also been down Halfords straight away for a DiscLock or similar device but you shouldn't have had to do any of this....
Hmmm - dammit!

Yeah, I was blocking the car in between my partners car and trees at the end of our driveway. However, we went away on hol and had builders in the house. I couldnt leave the car outside the door due to access problems with big stuff going in and out. Again, I explained the situation to them but it didn't register.

The CCTV caught them taking it again, but their faces are hidden. Police are investigating further.

Moley, Spoken to Clive today at Sky who has been most helpful. I was told by MarkerStudy the car was at the repair centre, however it now appears my car is somewhere between the police compound and the repair centre. Concerning as it's been on its way there for 4 days now!!!
Old 22 December 2010, 11:39 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
That's crap service...
it's a shame you didn't ask around the WYIOC for somewhere to "store" it !

Good luck with the muppets.

dunx
Dunx

Promises made by the insurers meant I felt like I didn't need to store it (ie it'll be done soon).

Sadly, being woken up on holiday to be told the car had been stolen again really put a downer on things!
Old 22 December 2010, 12:31 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

they will try any tactic to not pay out, i know these goons too well
Old 22 December 2010, 01:00 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

You will find insurance companies are $hit hot at taking your money. Then fookin useless when it comes to you having to actually use it.

When I had my car in at Scoobyclinic for repair (at my choice) it took about 3 faxes by myself and 4 faxes by Scoobyclinic to get the ball rolling FFS! Ringing Liverpool Victoria up just got the response they had never received!
Old 22 December 2010, 01:03 PM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

It certainly highlights customer service - I've read a few horror stories on here now about them and am dreading the after service...!!
Old 22 December 2010, 06:08 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

To be honest i wasn't that impressed with MarkerStudy when I had my fire claim either. I had to call them everytime I wanted info and the payout took months.

The liaison chap at Keith Michaels did his best but MarkerStudy themselves were a shower. At first they weren't even going to recover the car so I spent ages on hold etc to tell them once again to come and collect it. Note for future reference, do not collect the car yourself. While it is in a pound it is safe and the charges have to be paid by the insurance company. Costs per day keep going up so the resolution comes faster...

Haven'yt got time to write all this out but might add more later. The final insult though (which scoobynet uncovered) was that they sold my car at auction before they'd paid me or given me an option to buy it back. Very sure that wasn't legal and once I got the FSA involved they suddenly coughed up.

5t.
Old 23 December 2010, 10:47 PM
ScottishRayman
Scooby Regular

LeeP - totally understand your pain my friend. I've just started the process of my claim with SKY/Market study & I cannot believe the very low customer service to date. Been promised umpteen callbacks, spoke with 14 different people & still await an update as the process seems to change on every call. Marketstudy keep you hanging for ages with their painful IVR call routing sysem inwhich msg frequently reminds you of call taping for fraud etc....... Thankfully I'm a Financial Senior Manager and all my calls are taped for risk/fraud/dealing reasons, so maybe play them back to the Ombudsman as evidence of the totally inadequate service (same guy has now told me 3 diff procedures on what happens next).

They have until tomo to sort mine or at least manage my expectations - how sad, I'm still the one that has to chase, and this is on Xmas Eve !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (not happy at all).

Before anyone attempts to say that it isn't Sky's fault it is Marketstudy, please don't as calls have been made there with NO joy.

Don't recall this much hassle in paying my one-off annual premium.........
Old 25 December 2010, 12:08 AM
P1Drifter
Scooby Regular

i had a crap experience with markerstudy, my car got written off in a non fault accident and there service was shocking, promising to call back than don't, takes 20mins to get through to someone who then puts you on hold and then cuts you off ! i would only deal with the broker in the end (aplan) and refused to have any more contact with markerstudy. Just like to add though A-Plan were superb
Old 25 December 2010, 10:26 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Just to add - I was promised a call back from the garage on the 23rd - never got one. I tried ringing the garage direct myself and the phone kept on ringing and ringing...

So another 2 days of promised calls and nothing. No courtesy car yet either.
I've had to hire my own car for the festive period as all my family live quite a way away and without a car, Christmas would be super pap.

SO thanks very much MarkerStudy, invoices coming your way.
Old 04 January 2011, 11:47 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

The saga continues - I'm starting to believe this isn't ever going to end!

The car was lost (i.e. the insurer, the bodyshop) didn't know where it was for 2 whole weeks! Turns out, it hadn't been moved from the recovery yard!!

I was promised the car would be at the bodyshop between Christmas and New Year and on the 30th, Sky Insurance rang me to tell me they would be speaking to the underwriter/garage/whoever to make this happen.

Well, I've spoke to the garage today and it *still* hasn't been moved!! It's been over 2 bloody months! Will I be getting 2 months of my premium back? Nope! Will I be reimbursed for 2 months of having to hire a car? Nope!

Has anyone had service like this? I'm at a loss who to speak to next .... ! It's cosmetic damagae for gods sake! No-one has given me a straight answer yet or actually pushed this through - I feel like I've done all the leg work inbetween calls. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am now in MARKERSTUDY.
Old 14 February 2011, 04:00 PM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Almost another month on - and still no returned car..... 4 months guys... come on!
Old 18 February 2011, 08:33 PM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Finally got the car back
Old 02 March 2011, 04:04 PM
stedee
Scooby Regular

what a **** take , hope you get the money you are owed