Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best place for 28 year old.....

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2012, 09:33 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place for 28 year old.....

As above apart from KM (Gary) who I have put a quote in to tonight, does anyone recommend anyone else? Im 28 7 NCB, no points or claims in last 5 yrs and looking to insure an 03/04 STi fully comp....quotes on tinty web seem to be quite high at around £1500....Jeez im not 18! lol

Ta very much.....
Old 24 August 2012, 09:40 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

A plan, sky, etc, have a nosey at the sponser matey
Old 24 August 2012, 09:55 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
A plan, sky, etc, have a nosey at the sponser matey

Sorry forgot to mention I have put in a quote with A-Plan but have to wait for a call back. Elephant have come back with cheapest quote at £1074 but that is still to high really for a 28 YO! I will keep searching cheers pal.....
Old 25 August 2012, 04:08 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Lightbulb An Insurance helping hand?

Hi Irondrew,

Sorry for gatecrashing your thread, but the reason for doing so was due to seeing you being quoted what seems like "18 year old driver" prices when you're actually 28.

We may also be able to help with this and do offer relevant cover (inc. like for like replacement of modified parts & trackday cover).

The factors that will make the biggest difference for us will be how long you've owned the Impreza (or, if you're just buying this - what you have owned, Insured and driven over the last 18-24 months) along with the postcode that you reside within.

We can handle quotations via the telephone (01277 376000) which gives the most flexibility (we're open 10am-3pm on Bank Holiday monday, 9am - 6pm Tuesday - Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday). You could also apply online at www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk

Alternatively, you could PM me your contact number and i'll organise for one of our team to call you.

Hopefully we'll be able to help, if you do have recent/current performance car driving experience and your postcode area is OK, what you have been quoted does seem high.

With all being well we'll be able to help

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by irondrew
Sorry forgot to mention I have put in a quote with A-Plan but have to wait for a call back. Elephant have come back with cheapest quote at £1074 but that is still to high really for a 28 YO! I will keep searching cheers pal.....

Last edited by Tony@Greenlight; 25 August 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 25 August 2012, 07:41 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Hi Irondrew,

Sorry for gatecrashing your thread, but the reason for doing so was due to seeing you being quoted what seems like "18 year old driver" prices when you're actually 28.

We may also be able to help with this and do offer relevant cover (inc. like for like replacement of modified parts & trackday cover).

The factors that will make the biggest difference for us will be how long you've owned the Impreza (or, if you're just buying this - what you have owned, Insured and driven over the last 18-24 months) along with the postcode that you reside within.

We can handle quotations via the telephone (01277 376000) which gives the most flexibility (we're open 10am-3pm on Bank Holiday monday, 9am - 6pm Tuesday - Friday, 9am - 1pm Saturday). You could also apply online at www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk

Alternatively, you could PM me your contact number and i'll organise for one of our team to call you.

Hopefully we'll be able to help, if you do have recent/current performance car driving experience and your postcode area is OK, what you have been quoted does seem high.

With all being well we'll be able to help

Kind regards

Tony

No worries at all fella, if you can help then be my quest!!

Have owned impreza turbo in last 24 months along with bmw's so dont know why such high prices...... Anyhow I will give you guys a shout on Monday or may well do a quote on your website later. Im sure over the phone is better though?

Cheers matey.......
Old 25 August 2012, 07:45 PM
scooby red
Scooby Regular

My 400 sheets on an sti don't seem bad now.
Old 25 August 2012, 10:26 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby red
My 400 sheets on an sti don't seem bad now.
Who was that with?
Old 28 August 2012, 11:59 AM
skyinsurance
Former Sponsor

Feel free to get in touch:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/car-club-insurance.html
Old 29 August 2012, 07:43 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'd start by actually ringing up direct and not filling online forms in mate. See my recent thread re. my renewal as I'm 28 too. Price would've been similar for an STi.

Andy
Old 29 August 2012, 11:07 AM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I'd start by actually ringing up direct and not filling online forms in mate. See my recent thread re. my renewal as I'm 28 too. Price would've been similar for an STi.

Andy
Have been quoted £629 so far so looking alot better. Will be ringing them when I'm off work. Finger crossed as this seems more realistic to me than 1500!!!
Old 11 November 2012, 06:04 PM
S2OOB X
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

Who did you manage to get a good price with in the end as im in the same boat as what you are describing but dont have a clue where to start

Thanks for help in advance
Old 11 November 2012, 09:09 PM
irondrew
Scooby Regular

Hello mate. All the insurance companies associated with SN are pretty good, but Greenlight came out best for me. Good price and service so can't grumble ;-)

It will help if you have had something similar before like I did but give them a go..... good luck.
Old 12 November 2012, 06:43 PM
S2OOB X
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply, i gave greenlight a try and it was unbelievable how much less they were, i was properly shocked it was a fantastic service and even better price

Thanks again
Old 13 November 2012, 10:31 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi S2OOB X, Hi Irondrew,

Whilst we're not always going to be able to help all of the people all of the time, we do genuinely try our best to help each and every customer.

As you've both found, if you're an experienced driver who fits our profile we are usually pretty competitive.

We're UK based, modification friendly and in addition to offering a high level of the traditional cover you receive from Insurers we also have relevant features available such as like for like replacement of modified parts and track day cover.

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to comment, we're grateful for the warm feedback.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 13 November 2012, 01:50 PM
b16msu265
Scooby Regular

I did a quote with one of Tonys work colleagues and has given me a good quote. Will be hard to beat Cheers David at greenlight and I know he has asked Tony to see if he can squeeze anymore out of the companies to get a better deal. Thanks again green light
Old 13 November 2012, 03:31 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi b16msu265,

Thanks for taking time out to post and for the opportunity to look at your Insurance cover.

Kind regards

Tony