Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent Keith Michaels help.

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2012, 09:05 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Urgent Keith Michaels help.

I recently sold my STi and attempted to cancel my Insurance with Keith Michaels.

I've tried to contact Gary via 2 PMs (Neither of which have been replied to) and via his contact number. I did manage to get hold of somebody at his office via Email on the 5th May. He said I would need to return the Insurance Certificate to obtain both my proof of NCB & a refund on monies owed to me on the policy.

I did so and have heard nothing since. My new Inurance company required the proof of NCB by 15th May (which I explained in both my email and the covering letter with the returned Certificate) this has obviously not happend and have now given me until 25th May otherwise my new policy will be cancelled and I will be liable top pay a £53 cancellation fee.

Can somebody at Keith Michaels please sort this.

It seems like they are all too happy to take your money (In my case for the last 5-6 years with no claims) but when you move on everything moves at a snails pace if at all.
Old 19 May 2012, 10:19 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Once a policy is cancelled we request the NCB proof from your insurers, which can normally take a week or more.

Unfortunately it's a common thing waiting for NCB, as we always end up waiting 2-3 weeks for customers to send it to us, so i can't understand why your new insurers aren't more understanding.

I assume your letter requested the NCB to be sent to you when the cancellation was done? If not we may have kept it on file for you.

I will check on Monday what the update is.
Old 19 May 2012, 05:42 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Gary
The letter was sent FAO Gary Moulson requesting proof of NCB along with money owing to me to be sent directly to me at my home address.

If It's quicker you can always email the proof of NCB to me @ b0dski@Aol.com.

Cheers for chasing it.
Old 21 May 2012, 01:56 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Any news on this Gary ??
Old 21 May 2012, 02:51 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bodski,

Gary does a great job for most of the guys here, but he can only deal with so many people at any one time.

If you're unable to reach Gary it would probably be worth calling their office and asking to speak with the team that handle policy administration/cancellations.

You'll likely get straight through to someone that can handle this for you.

Kind regards

Tony
Old 21 May 2012, 04:39 PM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tony@Greenlight
Hi Bodski,

Gary does a great job for most of the guys here, but he can only deal with so many people at any one time.

If you're unable to reach Gary it would probably be worth calling their office and asking to speak with the team that handle policy administration/cancellations.

You'll likely get straight through to someone that can handle this for you.

Kind regards

Tony
Totally agree Gary does a great job Tony. He's a very busy man.

I did phone on two occasions and spoke to a member of staff. They advised on the correct way of going about things. Being a broker I guess they are in the hands of the Insurer, nd the delay in receiving my proof of NCB is down to them not Keith Michaels.

Just don't fancy having my new policy cancelled and having to pay the fees involved with it through no fault of my own