Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is avivas online quote system working? please can someone check

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2011, 06:37 PM
max1342
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is avivas online quote system working? please can someone check

tried to obtain a quote and states they cannot supply a quote at this time but at the top of page it says error , sent them a email but no reply would do it over the phone but they give a online discount

thankyou in advance for anyone that can try it for me its a fast quote system aswell so wont take long

cheers

http://www.aviva.co.uk/

Last edited by max1342; 27 December 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02 January 2012, 11:43 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

Hello mate,

Maybe I shouldnt be saying this, but I work for Aviva, and to be honest I really wouldnt waste my time with them.

I feel guilty selling insurance that is crap, when every other company give u more for free, the qoute system is a f*****g joke!!!

Just the other day I did a qoute for a 44 yr old man, clean licence etc full ncd, and it came to £16000, (no really, not a mistake, 16 grand!!!!) for a £500 rover 25.

59 yr old man, 1.4 fiesta full ncd etc, 6 grand.

They charge you alot more if your're credit rating isnt perfect as judged by them, they hate performance car's, even slightly better than the base model, and now they require scoobs and evo's to have a tracker and be garaged, driveway wont do.

If you have mods, forget about it, they are an extremly greedy company, 95% of the time I have people phoning in to cancel becuase their premium has gone up not £60/70, but by hundreds, they really think customer loyalty is to be abused.

If you drive a 1.2 then go ahead but expect to get bummed, if not try Admiral, I have yet to beat a qoute from them, and they seem to not too bad with mods too. Everything you get for free with Admiral Aviva want you to pay for, (actually you get less, but you pay more).

The online discount can be applied from the call centre but be prepared to spend an hour on the phone while the pain in the **** pedantic d***heads from underwriting moan like they are getting f****d up the **** about every little tiny thing about your car, your house, use of the car etc, what your shoe size and why your feet are so big!

I hope no one from Aviva see's this.

They really are a ripoff company, Im sick of having to make excuses for them over the phone while the customer's are understanderbly furious.
Old 08 January 2012, 11:29 AM
scooby_ben_ds
Scooby Regular

Now I am kinda worried, I have just changed insurance due to such a good quote, got 549 at Aviva, with all mods insured and protected. I claims, should I be worried?
Old 08 January 2012, 11:31 AM
scooby_ben_ds
Scooby Regular

Admiral gave me an awful quote
Old 08 January 2012, 09:40 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell, that is a good qoute!! Atleast you are happy with it, its been months since I qouted somebody less the £550, I would double check your docs and make sure all your mods are covered, if they can get out paying, they will!

The other day I qouted somebody for a remapped Audi (jusr map, no other mods) and the underwriters applied a 20% increase in premium, it did give his car another 40bhp, but I would still say 20% is quite alot.

Another guy wanted to check how much it would be if he added £400 alloys to his golf, they wanted an extra £180.

He didnt go for the qoute, I think you may have been lucky, as it is a good price, especialy from Aviva, their qoutemehappy site gives quite good qoutes, but truthfully they are a **** company, I gaurantee at renewal your premium will be up atleast £100.

Just double check everything, its possible they have a get out clause, I will check about mods fully.
Old 08 January 2012, 10:25 PM
Sti Addict
Scooby Regular

ps I forgot to add, if you have more than 5 years no claims discount, eg 7 years, your're only going to get 5 years when you leave, had a guy with 22 yrs ncd apparantly, cancelled his insurace but only got 5 years ncd on the certificate.
Old 08 January 2012, 10:33 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Aviva didn't quote me happy, bunch of jokers .......
Old 09 January 2012, 12:59 PM
scooby_ben_ds
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BugSti Malone
Bloody hell, that is a good qoute!! Atleast you are happy with it, its been months since I qouted somebody less the £550, I would double check your docs and make sure all your mods are covered, if they can get out paying, they will!

The other day I qouted somebody for a remapped Audi (jusr map, no other mods) and the underwriters applied a 20% increase in premium, it did give his car another 40bhp, but I would still say 20% is quite alot.

Another guy wanted to check how much it would be if he added £400 alloys to his golf, they wanted an extra £180.

He didnt go for the qoute, I think you may have been lucky, as it is a good price, especialy from Aviva, their qoutemehappy site gives quite good qoutes, but truthfully they are a **** company, I gaurantee at renewal your premium will be up atleast £100.

Just double check everything, its possible they have a get out clause, I will check about mods fully.
Yeah i was shocked when they gave me there quote, Admiral was well over a £1000 and i got 5 years NCB, and a perfect history. Tbh once i am 25 in october i will probablty go for a company like A plan or Keith michaels, its just i am too young for them atm really. Yeah i will double check mate, thankyou, when I was talking to them on the phone they said there is a £40 cancelllation fee, say i did decide to leave them, that seems very cheap, companies i have been with in the past charge the earth for that

Cheers for help buddy

Ben
Old 14 January 2012, 02:32 PM
Sy5
Scooby Regular

I'm with aviva at the moment but my renewal had gone up £200 so will be leaving them. I have only been with them for a year and still have no claims proof from previous insurance. 9 years this year, surely they have supply more than 5 years nc if you have it?
Old 14 January 2012, 02:39 PM
scooby_ben_ds
Scooby Regular

I don't see how they could not, what ncb you have it was you have it can't just stop and there nothing in the small print that I have seen to say otherwise
Old 14 January 2012, 02:51 PM
Sy5
Scooby Regular

I remember correcting the guy on the phone when he read back my details and said 5 years, I said No 8. He said they only protect 5. But surely they should give you back what is yours not just what they protect!