Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INSURANCE ADVICE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2011, 11:26 PM
MCR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INSURANCE ADVICE!!!

Right guys i'd be grateful if you could give me a bit of help sorting out my insurance as i'm not sure who to go with.
Im 22 and own a Standard 2006 STI, and only do about 3-5k mileage a year,
I have been driving for 4 years and have never made a claim, However i was only a named driver on another policy with direct line and they will not insure my subaru, so i take it i dont have any no claims bonus anymore?
I have contacted them and they've said they will send me proof in writing that i have never made a claim, will proof of me not making a claim since driving help me at all in lowering some quotes???.
Ive tried Keith michaels and apparently they dont insure under 25's...
Ive also tried A Plan, allen & allen, and a few more, and the best quote so far is £2800 with admiral, i was hoping to pay monthly but ive been quoted about £3500 to £4000 if i choose to pay that way ...

Who would you recommend ,just after a bit of advice really
Old 16 July 2011, 12:42 AM
colapepsi
Scooby Regular

Face facts, sell your sti.

You would be an idiot to pay that kind of money, the country is in a mess making it one big shi*ty sandwich that we all have to take a bite out of. Meaning insurance is sky high as well as everything else.

I have ten years on you and trust me, you will look back and think what a fool you was paying that much.
Old 16 July 2011, 06:08 AM
craigyp
Scooby Regular

I'm 33 and my best quote is £720 with admiral so far!! And I think that's alot!!!
Old 16 July 2011, 08:28 AM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Sell it mate that's silly money I'm with admiral now 25 all mods declared etc £790
Old 16 July 2011, 08:30 AM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by craigyp
I'm 33 and my best quote is £720 with admiral so far!! And I think that's alot!!!
Is that on a standard wrx?

If I remove my 3 points and accident (non fault) a standard wrx was £499 and sti was £609
Old 16 July 2011, 09:03 AM
Mrfastbaz
Scooby Regular

Smile

the car has come too soon for you... i am 53 and pay 680 fully comp protetced no claim full no claims limited miles on a 2007 stitype uk with ppp through a plan....i can insure a porsche 911 carrera 4 for 200 pounds cheaper..best thing i would recommend is get a diiferent car for a couple of years get your own insurance bit older and then go for a scoob i waited till i was 50 before i could afford to buy and run one...good luck
Old 16 July 2011, 09:07 AM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Keep looking, I am now 21. Had my Subaru since I was just about 20.

I'm sure you will get something
Old 16 July 2011, 03:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magneel1
Keep looking, I am now 21. Had my Subaru since I was just about 20.

I'm sure you will get something

But didn't you promote on here a short while ago to simply de-fraud insurance by having a parent insure the car (even though you own it) and be a 'named' driver on the policy

Edit: https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-...ml#post9245263

Last edited by chocolate_o_brian; 16 July 2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 16 July 2011, 03:55 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
But didn't you promote on here a short while ago to simply de-fraud insurance by having a parent insure the car (even though you own it) and be a 'named' driver on the policy
Got a trade policy now with no group restriction
Old 16 July 2011, 04:04 PM
-shane-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mrfastbaz
the car has come too soon for you... i am 53 and pay 680 fully comp protetced no claim full no claims limited miles on a 2007 stitype uk with ppp through a plan....i can insure a porsche 911 carrera 4 for 200 pounds cheaper..best thing i would recommend is get a diiferent car for a couple of years get your own insurance bit older and then go for a scoob i waited till i was 50 before i could afford to buy and run one...good luck
£680 seems a bit on the steep side too
Old 16 July 2011, 04:29 PM
MCR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by colapepsi
Face facts, sell your sti.

You would be an idiot to pay that kind of money, the country is in a mess making it one big shi*ty sandwich that we all have to take a bite out of. Meaning insurance is sky high as well as everything else.

I have ten years on you and trust me, you will look back and think what a fool you was paying that much.
I see your point and agree with you mate BUT look at it from my point of view, I'm in a steady paying job at the moment ,still living at home, im single, I don't smoke or drink. so therfore most of my money is spent on the car...
Of course i could of bought a cheaper car to run a cheaper car to insure BUT why buy a car i dont really want when i had the money to buy my dream car. The only car ive ever wanted since the age of 10 has been a subaru and still to this day i woudnt want any other car than an Impreza, other cars (Including supercars) just dont mean anything to me.
By the way i'm not your average 22 year old that just pisses his earnings up the wall, most 20-22 year olds would easily spend £2000 plus per year
on drinking, smoking, holidays im not interested in all that, My argument is why not pay the ridiculous insurance price when you consider my circumstances at the moment.
And the car will not be sold i'll be keeping it, I've owned it for a whole year as it is and only now am i looking for insurance.
Thanks for your advice
Old 16 July 2011, 05:04 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MCR
I see your point and agree with you mate BUT look at it from my point of view, I'm in a steady paying job at the moment ,still living at home, im single, I don't smoke or drink. so therfore most of my money is spent on the car...
Of course i could of bought a cheaper car to run a cheaper car to insure BUT why buy a car i dont really want when i had the money to buy my dream car. The only car ive ever wanted since the age of 10 has been a subaru and still to this day i woudnt want any other car than an Impreza, other cars (Including supercars) just dont mean anything to me.
By the way i'm not your average 22 year old that just pisses his earnings up the wall, most 20-22 year olds would easily spend £2000 plus per year
on drinking, smoking, holidays im not interested in all that, My argument is why not pay the ridiculous insurance price when you consider my circumstances at the moment.
And the car will not be sold i'll be keeping it, I've owned it for a whole year as it is and only now am i looking for insurance.
Thanks for your advice
If your happy paying the prices then go for it, there are a few companies that advertise on here that do insurance which you've tried but have you tried sky insurance?

Last edited by 95turbowagon; 16 July 2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 16 July 2011, 07:24 PM
euan_F
Scooby Regular

try ollie (i think it is) at sky insurance, they gave me the best quote.

carclubs@skyinsurance.co.uk

Last edited by euan_F; 16 July 2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 16 July 2011, 07:31 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Got a trade policy now with no group restriction
Didn't realise the OP is a trader. He didn't mention it.
Old 17 July 2011, 10:31 AM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Didn't realise the OP is a trader. He didn't mention it.
I export cars to Malaysia...
Old 17 July 2011, 11:09 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I export cars to Malaysia...

So?? You're not the OP. I work in a Steelworks if it makes the OP's inruance any cheaper
Old 17 July 2011, 11:44 AM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
So?? You're not the OP. I work in a Steelworks if it makes the OP's inruance any cheaper
Well I think I'm allowed to make my own insurance policy choice. Up to you what you want to pay... or what line of work your in...
Old 17 July 2011, 11:57 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well I think I'm allowed to make my own insurance policy choice. Up to you what you want to pay... or what line of work your in...

I didn't say you weren't. I merely pointed out that you exporting cars bares no relevance to the OP getting cheaper insurance. Just like me working wherever makes no difference to what you have for tea tonight - i.e. pointless
Old 17 July 2011, 12:02 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

All I meant to say was factors like that may help him out that maybe he did not take into account. Some people on this thread are 53 with Subaru's, some are much younger. But there is always a legal way out even if your younger than the rest. I'm 21 with a Subaru and a CLS 320 both insured fully comprehensive.
Old 17 July 2011, 01:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

All I meant to say was factors like that may help him out that maybe he did not take into account. Some people on this thread are 53 with Subaru's, some are much younger. But there is always a legal way out even if your younger than the rest. I'm 21 with a Subaru and a CLS 320 both insured fully comprehensive.
Usually high premiums.