Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21 year old any insurance help

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2010, 09:51 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21 year old any insurance help

hi guys been looking on here for a while now realy good forum lots of information.
bet your all realy sick of this now but i'm 21 years old with no ncb and had my licence 4 years and its clean and just carnt seem to find any insurance for an impreza thats realistic best quote so far is 1850 TPFT,any help on this would be realy appreciated.oh also spent 3 hours tonite looking on the web and on the phone so i have tried.
Old 23 February 2010, 10:03 PM
danny c
Scooby Regular

to be honest mate i doubt you will get it much lower! what impreza are you looking at getting? i was 23 with 6 years no claims and paid £980 fully comp! thats on a uk spec classic and cat 1 alarm!
Old 23 February 2010, 10:04 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Hi

Im 19 with 0 yrs ncb.
I am driving my subaru 3rd party as I am insured on a different car and can drive anything else third party not belonging to me...

Thanks

Neel
Old 23 February 2010, 10:16 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the replys i was looking for a uk wrx as i no imports are hard to insure.
Old 23 February 2010, 10:18 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

If you are insured on a policy that lets you drive anything else third party then it doesn't matter what car or spec it is (My Policy), you may need to double check yours.

Thanks

Neel
Old 23 February 2010, 10:24 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

magneel1 doesnt the impreza have to be insured by sumone aswell tho so you can drive it 3rd party with there permision.
Old 23 February 2010, 10:29 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

With my policy it dosent have 2 be, handbook says that the car DOES NOT have to be insured in the first place..

Otherwise if your in doubt, insure a parent or someone for about 400£ ish with decent NCB

Neel
Old 23 February 2010, 10:33 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

who you with then? al look into it but would prefer to insure it myself best quote 1800 so mite have to be as i realy do need one of these cars.
Old 23 February 2010, 10:35 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Quinn-Direct.
They may have changed their terms tho & depends on your occupation too....
1800's ok but quite alot for 3rd party cover..

Neel
Old 23 February 2010, 10:37 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

had a look on there and gona ring em in the morning as my internet quote didnt go though.
Old 23 February 2010, 10:40 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Yeah you may get a very good deal....

Neel
Old 23 February 2010, 11:06 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

cheers.
Old 23 February 2010, 11:11 PM
-Clarkey
Scooby Regular

ive converted a sport to an sti all mods declared its 1650 a year at 19 with 2 years ncb
Old 23 February 2010, 11:22 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by magneel1
With my policy it dosent have 2 be, handbook says that the car DOES NOT have to be insured in the first place..

Otherwise if your in doubt, insure a parent or someone for about 400£ ish with decent NCB

Neel
Total bs.
The car HAS to be insured for you to drive it 3rd party, if its not insured then you get pulled and it gets crushed, simple as that.
Then consider how you get it taxed, also if your the owner of said car, YOU need to insure it, if not you could be commiting fraud, thats 9 points on your licence and a possible jail sentence.

Oh and the parent thing, it doesnt work any more, they closed that loop hole years ago

Tony
Old 23 February 2010, 11:42 PM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

cheers tony for cleering that up i did think that it had to be insured.
Old 23 February 2010, 11:59 PM
magneel1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chandy21
cheers tony for cleering that up i did think that it had to be insured.

Call them tomorrow & confirm as mines stated in my handbook..

Neel
Old 24 February 2010, 12:02 AM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

so you have an impreza sat there and sumone puts a brick through the window or nicks it weres your insurance then?
Old 24 February 2010, 10:07 AM
hughes741
Scooby Regular

Hi

Im 19 with 0 yrs ncb.
I am driving my subaru 3rd party as I am insured on a different car and can drive anything else third party not belonging to me...

Thanks

Neel
im sure your insurance company would love that statement
Old 24 February 2010, 04:38 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

And this is exactly how many (but not all granted) get insured on Scoobs.

What a retard thinking the above is legitimate. I'd love to know what Moley, Chris or Ollie would think of his shenanigans. I hope be binns his car and then realises he's fcuked

All IMHO naturally
Old 24 February 2010, 05:04 PM
mike h
Scooby Regular

Neel
You need to be 25 to drive another vehicle 3rd party. Pray you don't get pulled!
Old 24 February 2010, 05:14 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Totall illegal Neel. You will get busted as the ANPR will throw up no insurance... Actually, how are you taxing it or does it not have tax either?

Law changed a few years ago. Any vehicle MUST be insured. Your third party may cover you to drive another vehicle but not one that is actually yours or that you are the main driver of.

New law could change car insurance

Article for 2006

Seriously, engage brain, why doesn't everyone have a POS Fiesta sat on the drive fully insured and a completely uninsured Ferrari to go with it? Because it doesn't work that's why. You may think its smart but trust me, you are looking at the wrong end of £200 and 6 points mininmum. Potentially a crushed car too.

5t.
Old 24 February 2010, 08:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
Totall illegal Neel. You will get busted as the ANPR will throw up no insurance... Actually, how are you taxing it or does it not have tax either?

Law changed a few years ago. Any vehicle MUST be insured. Your third party may cover you to drive another vehicle but not one that is actually yours or that you are the main driver of.

New law could change car insurance

Article for 2006

Seriously, engage brain, why doesn't everyone have a POS Fiesta sat on the drive fully insured and a completely uninsured Ferrari to go with it? Because it doesn't work that's why. You may think its smart but trust me, you are looking at the wrong end of £200 and 6 points mininmum. Potentially a crushed car too.

5t.
We can but hope. Thats how people learn their lesson. Harsh but fair. when I was 22 I paid up for my OWN insurance on my Scoob so I had piece of mind.
Old 24 February 2010, 08:40 PM
MovingShadow
Scooby Regular

The first year is always the hardest after that it will go down. Make sure it's as you have mentioned a UK car. Hold off on the mods and keep your licence clean.

You will find that after a year of ownership and no accidents it will go down. I think I paid just over £1000 when I was 22 (3 years ago).

Unfortunately there is no corner cutting or cheap option when it comes to insurance. Companies and the Police are wise to people trying to cheat the system.
Old 25 February 2010, 10:07 AM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

cheers guys,cheapest i found was 1600 so looks like its gona be an expencive year.
Old 25 February 2010, 11:18 AM
lee1184
Scooby Regular

Hi

Im 19 with 0 yrs ncb.

Thanks

Neel
I must admit i have contacted my insurance company and i AM allowed to drive a car that is not insured under my insurance, BUT as soon as you step out of that car in a public area (obviously it can be on private land) and there is no one in it that has got 3rd party insurance that covers that car you WILL then be liable for NO INSURANCE.. thats the line from my Insurance company and i am sure it would be the same for most others..

At the end of the day if you cant get insured take the hint your probably too much of a liability to the insurance company.. get a different car that you can afford to insure properly..
Old 25 February 2010, 01:03 PM
Chris@A-Plan
Former Sponsor

5t is spot on, you can't drive a car on the "driving other cars extension" if the vehicle you are driving is owned by you in the first place.

Most read:

"The Policyholder may also drive a private car not belonging to him/her and not hired to him/her under a hire purchase or leasing agreement, as long as the policyholder has the owner's permission to drive the car"

So I'd maybe see if you can get a deal from Chandys insurance company that are quoting that low with 0 ncd! Good luck mate.

Regards

Chris
01635 874646
Old 25 February 2010, 01:12 PM
lee1184
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris@A-Plan
5t is spot on, you can't drive a car on the "driving other cars extension" if the vehicle you are driving is owned by you in the first place.

Most read:

"The Policyholder may also drive a private car not belonging to him/her and not hired to him/her under a hire purchase or leasing agreement, as long as the policyholder has the owner's permission to drive the car"

So I'd maybe see if you can get a deal from Chandys insurance company that are quoting that low with 0 ncd! Good luck mate.

Regards

Chris
01635 874646
Thats the one thing i forgot to mention in my reply, the car cant be owned by you, not just not registered to you but not owned by you.

So if you have gone and put your 400bhp modified Scooby in your mums name who would normally drive a low powered 1.0 or something similar they are going to know WHEN you end up claiming after stuffing it that it was actually your car and you were not properly insured.

Seen it before and the guy got well screwed for it. Insurance Assessors are not stupid regardless of how much you think they are.
Old 26 February 2010, 12:22 AM
New_scooby_04

Sorry mate, young person on an impreza = bent over and no lube. Try Keith Michaels or A plan.....at least they might hold you afterward for a bit!

Old saying in the performance car game: You play, you pay!

No insurance company will let you insure a banger, then drive a high performance car on the side under the insurance for the banger......it just wouldn't make sense even on a 3rd party basis - they're not stupid. Ditto the parent thing!

Also, re-consider 3rd party, you need fully comprehensive. If you struggle to rake together a premium, then you'll struggle to repair/replace the car even more should you be unlucky!

Ns04
Old 26 February 2010, 10:22 AM
chandy21
Scooby Newbie

^^^^ i no and i will do but av got it down to 1600 so am hapy with that after my mate told me he payed 3360 at 19 when he got his on the road so al stick with my quote for now just need to get rid of a few mor bits of my current car and then try find a nice uk model car.
Old 27 February 2010, 12:15 AM
Scooby_Glynn
Scooby Newbie

Im 22 got 2 years ncb 5 years driving! With admiral fully comp on a wrx sti import 98 reg £1,100 not to bad. did alot of looking around though.

Quick Reply: 21 year old any insurance help