Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with Aviva?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2011, 10:46 AM
Mike_2009
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with Aviva?

Hi,Just after some advice - I've took out a policy with Aviva, switching from Admiral. I've got 6 years NCB which I've sent through to them but i've not recieved anything in the post to confirm they've been validated - do you normally get a letter or should I assume all is ok? I've did phone them up and they said NCB was validated and I will receive a letter, but nothing has come for nearly 2 weeks now... Should I bother chasing this or assume all is ok? I guess they'd put my premium up if they thought there was anything wrong? I just don't want to ask for proof of NCB in 12 months time when policy finishes and they say something stupid like they were never validated etc...The other question - if I'm starting my policy with them with 6 yrs NCB but they work on '5 years or more' - if I move to someone else next year can I say I have 7 years NCB if I show proof of 6 years NCB from Admiral at the start of My Aviva policy? Aviva will just give me a letter saying I have 5 years\full I imagine...TaMike
Old 12 April 2011, 12:06 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Don't worry, they'd be quick to chase you for an increased premium if they thought your NCB wasn't valid.

Usually you can only carry to another insurer what it says on your renewal / proof of no claims so if it says five years that's what you'll get. If the new insurer wants your business though and you can prove you haven't claimed in 6, 7, or whatever number of years then you can probably push for it. They all have access to a central database with your records on it so easily checked.
Old 12 April 2011, 08:47 PM
matth76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mike_2009
Hi,Just after some advice - I've took out a policy with Aviva, switching from Admiral. I've got 6 years NCB which I've sent through to them but i've not recieved anything in the post to confirm they've been validated - do you normally get a letter or should I assume all is ok? I've did phone them up and they said NCB was validated and I will receive a letter, but nothing has come for nearly 2 weeks now... Should I bother chasing this or assume all is ok? I guess they'd put my premium up if they thought there was anything wrong? I just don't want to ask for proof of NCB in 12 months time when policy finishes and they say something stupid like they were never validated etc...The other question - if I'm starting my policy with them with 6 yrs NCB but they work on '5 years or more' - if I move to someone else next year can I say I have 7 years NCB if I show proof of 6 years NCB from Admiral at the start of My Aviva policy? Aviva will just give me a letter saying I have 5 years\full I imagine...TaMike
Hi Mike. If it was me Id keep chasing them and make sure they put the total, ie 7 years. It should never be a case you have to split it up. Your current INS co should always state your total ncb up to the start of that policy, normally stated on your renewal docs. Keep chasing them mate.

Aviva quoted me £1017 with £800 excess (!) and Admiral quoted me £600 with £250 excess, for my new 2006 wrx sti with ppp. I'm 34 and have 12 yrs no claims. £600 is the best quote I've had. I've tried Keith M and A-plan. Surprised that you moved the opposite direction away from Admiral. Wasn't happy with Aviva's conditions. Aviva charge to have windscreen chips repaired!! This has always been free with every company I've been with.

Good luck with sorting out your proof of ncb.
Old 13 April 2011, 03:03 PM
Mike_2009
Scooby Regular

Ok, thanks for the advice. I've kept all my renewal docs so I'll have proof of 6 yrs NCB to show insurers next year + a letter from Aviva at that time to say I have 5 or more since joining them. If Aviva don't increase my premium now then they must have checked my NCB while they've asked for it at this point so I doubt there'll be any issues there, otherwise they would have to make me aware of that now.I wish I could have stayed with Admiral, their service is excellent I think. They wanted nearly £1200 though to insure the scoob, Aviva only wanted £490 with £500 excess - protected NCB etc so not too bad...If I can I'll be trying to get back with Admiral next year - they will have it on there system that I had 6 years NCB and I'll show them a letter from Aviva then saying I have 5 years or more so if they add up the renewal dates it = 7 yrs NCB.That's if I dont have any claims inbetween