Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Try Bell Direct - They seem quite good

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2002, 10:50 AM
sgould
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats is really!!!
Old 15 April 2002, 10:31 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'm with them - Good annual premium

Would n't insure PPP though. So had to bin it till next year
Old 16 April 2002, 02:55 PM
Dan B
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I had an absolute nightmare with Bell Direct on my last car. I took out a policy with them, then cancelled it when i found a cheaper one three months after it started. I couldn't afford to pay the policy in one go (as it was 900quid) so asked to pay in instalments. No problem they said.

When the instalemtn payments came, it showed that I would be paying 1300quid over the year. Sod this, went and cancelled it, after paying for three months worth (~350quid).

When I did cancel, I was aware that there would be a canelation fee, which I asked about, and the guy I spoke to said that what I had already paid covered it. So, after being really annoyed that they were charging 44% APR, with out consulting me, I was glad to be rid.

However, after canceling the policy, (about 3weeks later) I moved house. In January I got a phone call from a DEBT COLLECTORS saying "we've bought your debt off of Bell Direct, give us 116quid, or we'll start with all the court stuff and screw your credit rating blablabla." To which I replied "what?"

After many raging phone calls to the collectors and Bell Direct, they both still claimed I owed money. And after talking to some solicitors I was told to pay up the debt collectors, and take the matter further with bell direct.

Bear in mind I have now payed about 460quid for 3 months insurance.

So, I pay the debt collectors, and send a really snotty letter to Bell Direct.

** In fairness, I did get a reply from Bell Direct saying "we are sorry, yada yada yada, we have cancelled your debt." **

The funny thing is, when I wrote back to them to say "I've payed it, can i have my 116 pounds now then please" which i now have a letter saying I don't owe, I haven't heard anything back (been over a month).

So, I don't agree. Bell Direct are NOT a good insurance company. In fact they come close to thieving b4stards. Maybe I should have gone to see if there was any mail at my old address (whilst I was in Australia for the interviening time), maybe I shouldn't have agreed to such an overpriced policy, maybe I should have had all my mail forwarded to my new address, or MAYBE Bell Direct could have been a little bit professional, and given me a phone call (as my phone number, which they kindly gave to the debt collecotrs, did not change) to discuss what they thought I owed them, before sending the debt collectors round.

They had there chance to settle this privately, and lost it.

p.s. the policy was for a sierra. huh. you live, you learn.

phew. rant mode off, for now...
Old 18 April 2002, 08:53 AM
MattN
Scooby Regular

if your buying anything on credit they by law have to show the APR on the agreement. Dig this out as if it doesn't you can get all your money back. However I suspect it does but you didn't read the small print.

44% is high but I was once quoted a premimum and if I payed by installments the APR was 59%!!!!

I agree Bell are none too good, cheap polices, cheap service.
Old 18 April 2002, 03:57 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Great Hope I don't need to claim. By the way Bell Direct are really Admiral, so watch out there too.