Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why??

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2010, 06:53 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Why??

Why would my insurance company want my V5 and drivers license

Took the insurance out last week, not heard a thing from them untill an email yesterday asking for certificate of no claims bonus (5years). Phoned them to clarify some details to which they added they wanted all the above??

Never had this much trouble with a car (insurance wise) Had an M3 when i was 22 and they didnt even ask for proof of no claims!

Went through all this when bought the Scoob back in sept (engine troubles led to me cancelling my last policy). Asking for this and that, then increasing premiums ect. Last time, it was because i had got the date i passed my test wrong by a month!! So increased my premium buy about £150 (all three sets of insurance, including M3, were different brokers with the same underwriter)

What do you reckon?
Old 15 April 2010, 07:53 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

To make sure the car is what you have insured it as (ie you haven't insured it as a Turbo 20000 knowing it is a STI), to make sure you actually own the car, to make sure you have had your licence the length of time you have said, and that you don't have any convitctions you have 'forgotten' to tell them about.
Old 15 April 2010, 07:54 PM
Moley
Sponsor

.... and some companies might want to check you've owned the car for as long as you have told them
Old 15 April 2010, 08:03 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Oh Right makes sense i suppose, just never really had to do it before on a car. Like i said had an M3 and the same Insurers asked for nothing.

Its insured as an Import WRX which is what it is, so i havent told any porkies lol. Clean lisence ect, so nothing to worry about i guess.

Could my car be "black listed" ect from a previous owner, like they insured it wrong on purpose? In turn it just gets flagged up when anyone insures it?

Think its just im fed up of messing with insurers lol (no offence ha) But been messing around with them for the last few weeks now. Also strongly considering taking the car off the road till im 25 in a month and a half??
Old 15 April 2010, 08:03 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

double post

Last edited by DDS789; 15 April 2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 15 April 2010, 08:22 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Probably not black listed, it's just that some companies do ask for those documents at the start of the policy and some don't.

However, they will all ask for those documents if you have a claim.... so don't tell any porkies!!!
Old 15 April 2010, 08:51 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

Ha haa i know that they would ask for them as part of a claim.

I messed up last time with my pass date as i applied online and was just clicking through, genuine mistake thats all.

Ill quit moaning and get them sent off, was mainly curiousas to why. I suppose with all the models of imprezas its hardly surprising they are checking, would love to be insuring a 2000 uk turbo right now lol

Thanks for the info Moley
Old 18 April 2010, 11:18 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDS789
Ha haa i know that they would ask for them as part of a claim.

I messed up last time with my pass date as i applied online and was just clicking through, genuine mistake thats all.

Ill quit moaning and get them sent off, was mainly curiousas to why. I suppose with all the models of imprezas its hardly surprising they are checking, would love to be insuring a 2000 uk turbo right now lol

Thanks for the info Moley
I'd like to be DRIVING one again. Been nearly 2 years since I had to sell the Scoob mate. Moley's insured me since then
Old 18 April 2010, 05:01 PM
DDS789
Scooby Regular

I thought i had it bad lol. Na i just get fed up messing around, they sent me a letter yesterday wanting my V5, my drivers license, mums license, and my uncles license.

Thinking im gonna cancel, as im within the cooling off period, and wait till im 25 in june. Waiting a month will save me quite a lot of money lol