Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long should it take to review a claim?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2010, 03:07 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long should it take to review a claim?

As some may know my scooby had a bit of an overheating issue recently (19th Jan)... the car was recovered the same day and since then i've been getting fobbed off by the insurer as to when the car will be repaired.

I was initially told it was scheduled to take place on the monday after the incident (25th Jan) and that they would be in touch later that week to let me know if it was a write off (so i could get a replacement/haggle over value) or if it was going to be repaired (yay courtesy car much needed with a small baby).

Nothing happened so on the friday I call up to be told the car is due to go into salvage (where is it now then?) and the engineer has been booked for monday.... basically the same story as a week previous. The salvage guy who collected it told me that his yard is nextdoor to the approved repair centre so all they need to do is walk round and look at it...

Anyway, despite the broker getting in touch to be told the same thing (waiting on the engineer's report which hasn't been done yet) I'm still no nearer to getting this sorted.

My question is, how long do they reasonably have to look at a car and come back to me on the repair? I'm getting very annoyed,its a huge inconvienience and not really my fault. How long do I give it before contacting the FSA/Ombudsman/papers/anyone else who will listen?

cheers,

5t.
Old 05 February 2010, 02:04 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Come on... enough insurers prowling in here to at least let me know what constitutes good service...

Last time i had to make a claim (written off car) it was insured through Equity Red Star and Sky. Whole thing took a week from the accident to a cheque for the full amount I had paid for the car so this is starting to wind me up.

5t.
Old 05 February 2010, 03:26 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Unfortunately it is hard to say an exact time scale.

Most companies will try to get it turned around in 7-10 days, but if an engineer is booked to inspect the car they have to wait for them to visit, then do their report.

I know a lot of engineers are rushed off their feet at the moment due to the amount of claims during the recent bad weather.

That said a friend of mine recently wrote her car off, and had a cheque within 2 weeks.

Your brokers should really be doing the running around and keeping you updated. (if the car is insured with me then give me a call or a pm, as i am not aware of any of my clients awaiting work to be carried out without being updated.)

Old 05 February 2010, 03:49 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Its not you Gary but thanks! Appreciate the reply. I wasn't sure if there was some sort of customer service charter they had to stick to. I'm more annoyed at being told twice now the engineer was booked to see the car and then it clearly hasn't happened.

If they just said "it'll be a couple of weeks" then i'd at least understand. No happy with being lied to really.

FYI its Marker Study who are the underwriters and have given me the porky pies so if you have claims with them be on your toes!

5t.
Old 22 December 2010, 09:10 AM
LeeP
Scooby Regular

Having the same issues with Marker Study - it has been 5 weeks and engineer still hasn't been to see the vehicle.

https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-...ml#post9777910

Disgusting service. How long did they take to get yours sorted in the end, did they provide a car for you?
Old 22 December 2010, 10:32 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Having the same problem with Equity Red Star, through A Plan, had an accident on 27/11/10, still not had a decision on whats happening yet, or a loan car.
What a bunch of complete and utter jokers.
Definately will be asking who the policy is underwritten by come renewal time, If its ERS wont be taking the policy out.
Richard

Last edited by richs2891; 22 December 2010 at 10:38 AM.