Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chris Knott are not that hot!

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2002, 06:56 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Having had a renewal price of £1100 from Admiral for my MY97 turbo I decided to cal Chris Knott following all the hype they have had on here.

I eventually got through having put up with phones not being answered and computer breakdowns.

It seems they are now that popular that they are able to turn down business. They said they have recently had a change of policy and will not insure anyone under 30 on an impreza turbo. I am 26.

I know this is not everyone's experience but thought I would share mine.

Victoria
Old 20 March 2002, 12:22 PM
Sideways
Scooby Regular

Question

Can't believe that Vic they were really helpfull with me (even if I am 31 LOL)See Scoobyjawa's post and he's only 26
Good luck anyway.

Regards Jason.
Old 20 March 2002, 02:38 PM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

Bad news. I too am 26 and was prepared to leave Direct Line if Chris Knott were gonna give me a decent quote.

Never mind. There are plenty more insurers.
Old 20 March 2002, 03:48 PM
harley
Scooby Newbie

To avoid confusion - we will insure drivers aged over 25 on most of the Impreza models. There are, however, certain models that require drivers to be over 30 (these are the higher insurance group models).

The computer problem we have been experiencing is being sorted as I type (don't you just hate lead-in times on maintenance contracts?) and anyone who has requested or is planning to request a quotation will be offered the best rates available to us as soon as possible. In fact we are still writing business without even using the computer!

Hope this helps.

Chris Knott Insurance
Old 20 March 2002, 06:48 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

Question

I would be interested to know what models are not able to be covered as I have a standard MY97 turbo, the only mods on it are an exhaust and filter! It is certainly not a higher group than your average turbo. Perhaps you should share the conditions with your telephone operators as there seems to be some confusion.
Old 21 March 2002, 11:12 AM
CELL
Scooby Regular

Victoria,

Have you tried Adrian Flux? 0870 0777888 they were over £100 cheaper than Chris Knott on my car. MY96 UK turbo, Decat exhaust, Sti5 spoiler, 17" alloys. I am 29, 7 years no claims.
Old 21 March 2002, 11:25 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I was with Adrian Flux - Chris Knott annihilated their renewal figure, then Flux went lower - so did CK again. Flux would have beaten it again by a few extra quid on their "guarantee to beat any quote" policy at renewal - but I went with CK for various reasons.
Old 26 March 2002, 10:17 AM
Derek W
Scooby Regular

Angry

Chris Knott appear to be very selective in who they take on - they refused to quote my wife this morning on a standard UK MY 98 Turbo without a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser fitted (not standard on a MY98) - pi5h.

The attitude of their staff left a lot to be desired too.

FYI - Norwich Union Direct have given the best quote so far.

Old 26 March 2002, 08:48 PM
ScoobyRAZ
Scooby Regular

Question

Derek W

Are you not missing the point here It is well known that pre 99' scoobys were a joke when it came to security. These cars need the best possible alarms/immobilsers (mini-machine gun towers etc) money can buy. IMHO you should not consider owning a scooby unless it has or you fit a cat 1 device.

CK staff have always been pleasant and helpful to me and a load of other scooby owners on here .
Old 29 March 2002, 09:12 PM
Victoria
Scooby Regular

FYI Chris Knott as well as Admiral, Bell Direct, Norwich Union and Eagle Star told me it would make absolutely no difference having an alarm on my car, as long as you have immobiliser that is fine. in fact the guy at Bell Direct said 'They just make a big noise that no-one takes any notice of.'

I had considered spending several hundred pounds having one fitted, but on the basis that the best quote I have had so far is over £800 I couldn't justify it, especially as it would not reduce my premium at all.

Victoria.