Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many wagons get nicked?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2002, 09:57 AM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep hearing that insurance for scoobs is rocketing this year due to thefts and am not looking forward to my renewal in the summer. There have also been many posts from people saying that their insurers are asking them to fit trakcers now.

I was just wondering if anyone had any info about how many wagons actually get nicked, as I'm sure they are nowhere near as likely to appeal to thieving scum as their four door equivalents.

I was told when I bought the car that insurance cost the same for a four or five door, which surprises me as the four door is definitely the boy racers choice, compared to the relative q car wagon.

Discuss.....
Old 13 March 2002, 05:49 PM
NBW
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm... I don't think joy riders will be that fussed either way, but armed robbers prefer the wagon apparently - easier to sling the loot in the back.

Sorry to disappoint!

Tim
(wagon owner)

Old 13 March 2002, 11:57 PM
ianlisseman
Scooby Regular

Also own a wagon, BBM MY01

Friends in police advise me they are often used in high value theft as can carry more booty and due to slightly lower (perceived) image attract less attention off police too when on the run!

Cant win either way can we?

Ian