Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth it? No. Not for me.

Search this Thread

Old 23 March 2009, 06:14 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it? No. Not for me.

Getting a quote off Gary @ Keith Michaels Got a cracking quote off Rob @ A-Plan after greenlight tried to shaft me with the renewal price

I can understand he is busy but its like getting money off my wife.

Sent pm Thursday evening to various insurance peeps on here, Fri AM no response so rang, got put through to answer machine left message. Couple of hours later rang go through to him he said he was busy and to ring back in 15mins, rang again put through to answer machine, left message. Rang again later that afternoon put through to answer machine. Tried one last time and again put through to answer machine.

PM'd him over weekend to ask for direct number rather than being put through - no response. Rang 5 times today getting put through but going to answer machine.

Just tried now and finally got hold of the enigma - 5 mins into convo he basically said he couldn't beat A-Plan's quote (he had no idea of who i was just took post code and a-plan quote at this point) but would give it a go. Went through full details (although never asked for previous cars like other places) and said after last question they couldn't beat it would be over £100 more than A-Plan quoted.

Now Ive been doing the insurance run for many years now and not once have a place like this been able to get a decent quote there and then, they go off and try and get good quotes and get back to you with what they can. But not here - after all the fuss to try and get a bloody quote and i do feel a bit let down.

Fair enough if he knows his stuff and can tell he couldn't beat it but the effort i went to get hold of the man i thought he may try a bit harder

Oh well i was prepared to post up how Gary was able to beat A-Plan like so many others have but i cant and although this has turned into a bit of a rant its how it happened so thought i would share. Gary has obviously got amazing quotes for other scooby owners hence why i persisted to try and contact him so hopefully others benefit more than me.

Still A-Plan Rob pm'd me back first thing Friday morning and i had full quote by 1pm Friday.

Last edited by jimmy_wrxsti; 23 March 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 23 March 2009, 06:32 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I think it may just be better if i request to have my voicemail switched off, as i am not able to reply to everyone who leaves a message, and this is obviously causing problems.

Unlike other companies i am not just here to give quotes. I am here to help current clients with changes to existing policies, deal with accounts, and helping out with claims myself instead of fobbing people off the the claims department. On top of this i have to process all my clients renewals, have meetings with insurance companies, and sometimes even find 10 minutes to have a spot of lunch.

Please bear in mind we don't just make up prices, so have to speak to underwriters to get prices both on new quotes, changes to existing policies, and renewals.

If you can't get hold of me feel free to ask another member of staff for a quote, and see if they can help, as they are able to quote on these cars aswell.
They might not get as cheap a price, but at least you won't have to sit around waiting.
Old 23 March 2009, 06:38 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
I think it may just be better if i request to have my voicemail switched off, as i am not able to reply to everyone who leaves a message, and this is obviously causing problems.

Unlike other companies i am not just here to give quotes. I am here to help current clients with changes to existing policies, deal with accounts, and helping out with claims myself instead of fobbing people off the the claims department. On top of this i have to process all my clients renewals, have meetings with insurance companies, and sometimes even find 10 minutes to have a spot of lunch.

Please bear in mind we don't just make up prices, so have to speak to underwriters to get prices both on new quotes, changes to existing policies, and renewals.

If you can't get hold of me feel free to ask another member of staff for a quote, and see if they can help, as they are able to quote on these cars aswell.
They might not get as cheap a price, but at least you won't have to sit around waiting.
Understand completely - your busy and thats testament to you and getting people good deals. Thats partly reason i didn't leave message every time i rang as read on here that you don't often have time to ring people back.

But i will draw your attention to one point you made

When in my quote did you contact underwriters? when did you push for a price for me?

That was the main point of my rant, that i spent so long getting hold of you to feel totally fobbed off. If id spent that long trying to get hold and got a decent service even if not the best price, i wouldn't have posted this up

Didn't work out for me i hope others have better luck
Old 23 March 2009, 06:42 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmy_wrxsti
But i will draw your attention to one point you made

When in my quote did you contact underwriters? when did you push for a price for me?

That was the main point of my rant, that i spent so long getting hold of you to feel totally fobbed off. If id spent that long trying to get hold and got a decent service even if not the best price, i wouldn't have posted this up

Didn't work out for me i hope others have better luck
Because i know exactly what they'd say if i referred it to them.

I assumed it was better for me to be honest from the start, instead of wasting more of your time waiting for me to ring around trying to beat a price that was too cheap to beat.

Sometimes we are able to beat quotes, sometimes they are too cheap. On this occassion you've had a blinding quote already

Last edited by Moley; 23 March 2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 23 March 2009, 06:45 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Because i know exactly what they'd say if i referred it to them.

I assumed it was better for he to be honest from the start, instead of wasting more of your time waiting for me to ring around trying to beat a price that was too cheap to beat.
Fair enough

I've given my experience of events thats all i wanted to do
Old 23 March 2009, 06:48 PM
adehook
Scooby Regular

i amended my quote today with keith michaels. not sure if gary did it though as the missus rang up. well chuffed with the price.

just to balance it out
Old 24 March 2009, 12:58 AM
renny
Scooby Regular

I've contacted Gary a couple of times since i've had my STI - never had trouble getting through (must be very lucky) but i too have felt that he wasn't really trying to get a decent quote for me.

Guess it's as he says,he has a general idea what sort of quote i'd be looking at.Hence i've been with A-Plan for the last 2 years.

Will probs try Gary again come insurance time though, just in the off-chance he can quote me 'happy'.
Old 24 March 2009, 01:06 AM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Well i have never had any problems whatsoever in getting hold of Gary he is always available to take my call and he has always rang me back when he said he would which is why im now in my 2nd (or 3rd) year with them now.Obviously you lot havent got the patience to wait on the line for him

Keep up the good work Gary
Old 28 March 2009, 02:32 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby-tc
Well i have never had any problems whatsoever in getting hold of Gary he is always available to take my call and he has always rang me back when he said he would which is why im now in my 2nd (or 3rd) year with them now.Obviously you lot havent got the patience to wait on the line for him

Keep up the good work Gary
I wouldn't say I'm as far up Gary's **** as TC, but I too have never had awful responce times in getting Mr Mouslon on the blower. Even with things like DD ****-ups at their end or phantom quotes for cars I may want to purchase, always been good for a chat.

I don't get it when folk say things like they've tried 15-20 times to call him with no luck. Never taken me more than 3 phonecalls. Question whether it's 100% accurate informantion personally

For the record, I paid £1250 last year with the Scoob at a different ins. comp. (group 17), and paying £470 this year on the 205 (group 14). £780 saving is why I persist if I don't get him first time (Thats with 3 points now also)...
Old 28 March 2009, 03:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

For what it was worth i managed to get quotes of around 550quid from confused.com for my 97 import classic when i was renewing!!!

regardless, that car is now gone, and i`m paying around 450 fully comp for the current group 16 car
Old 30 March 2009, 12:57 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I don't get it when folk say things like they've tried 15-20 times to call him with no luck. Never taken me more than 3 phonecalls. Question whether it's 100% accurate informantion personally
Ill bite on that - i can assure you my account is accurate in fact ive probably been quite generous to them with amounts of times I said I called. Just ask the poor bloke i kept getting through too at KM asking to speak to Gary.

Well done to all who have good experience and good quotes, im one of the ones that didnt on both accounts. Thought thats what forum is all about being able to give experiences both good and bad

Anyway its done now, people with good quotes and experiences should know there are those out there who dont get same from these companies and vice versa
Old 30 March 2009, 01:00 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy_wrxsti
Ill bite on that - i can assure you my account is accurate in fact ive probably been quite generous to them with amounts of times I said I called. Just ask the poor bloke i kept getting through too at KM asking to speak to Gary.

Well done to all who have good experience and good quotes, im one of the ones that didnt on both accounts. Thought thats what forum is all about being able to give experiences both good and bad

Anyway its done now, people with good quotes and experiences should know there are those out there who dont get same from these companies and vice versa
Could have been worse - could have been Norwich Union "quoting you 'PISSED OFF' "
Old 30 March 2009, 01:40 PM
jimmy_wrxsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Could have been worse - could have been Norwich Union "quoting you 'PISSED OFF' "
Oh they did

Even rang me back to see why i hadnt taken up the quote. i say quote was more like a mortgage application.