Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Liability of third party.

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2009, 10:45 AM
waffoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liability of third party.

Hi.

Can't see anything relating to this in the search, so here goes.

I am trying to make a claim after I was hit from behind at traffic lights. I am waiting form him to admit liability before comencing with repairs as I don't want to pay my excess. After nearly a year he still hasn't replied at all. Is he admiting liabilty through his silence. And is there a time limit for him to reply. Should my insurance company now pay for the repairs and send him the bill?

A bit of advice. If you are involved in a minor accident get the police involved. Take photos and get a witness. It might seem stupid at the time but believe me it saves alot of hastle.
Old 23 February 2009, 03:39 PM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by waffoo
Hi.

Can't see anything relating to this in the search, so here goes.

I am trying to make a claim after I was hit from behind at traffic lights. I am waiting form him to admit liability before comencing with repairs as I don't want to pay my excess. After nearly a year he still hasn't replied at all. Is he admiting liabilty through his silence. And is there a time limit for him to reply. Should my insurance company now pay for the repairs and send him the bill?

A bit of advice. If you are involved in a minor accident get the police involved. Take photos and get a witness. It might seem stupid at the time but believe me it saves alot of hastle.
Who is your insurance company mate??.

I had the same sort of issue when some goon hit my car and gave his details and then would not respond when i called him.

I am with A-Plan and they were really good. They advised on getting things like witness statements etc and then passed me to a different company.They were some sort of non-fault claim line.

They sorted out the repairs and I did not have to pay the excess. They were able to sort it out and it went down as his fault.

The courtsey car was a bit pants lol, but at least I was back on the road...

Call your company mate and see what advise they can give.

DD
Old 23 February 2009, 07:31 PM
waffoo
Scooby Regular

I am with A plan. But markerstudy is the underwriter, it is them I am having the problems with. They say untill they get a admitance of liability I will have to pay the excess THEN they can chase the guy for the money. I have rung them numerous times and each time they say they will get the handeler to chase it up, but when I asked they had only writen two letters in eight months.When I spoke to A plan they were really helpful, they recon they should pay up as not replying to even two letters is an admitance of liability.
I wanted to see if anybody had expiriance in this sort of thing.
Old 24 February 2009, 07:59 AM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by waffoo
I am with A plan. But markerstudy is the underwriter, it is them I am having the problems with. They say untill they get a admitance of liability I will have to pay the excess THEN they can chase the guy for the money. I have rung them numerous times and each time they say they will get the handeler to chase it up, but when I asked they had only writen two letters in eight months.When I spoke to A plan they were really helpful, they recon they should pay up as not replying to even two letters is an admitance of liability.
I wanted to see if anybody had expiriance in this sort of thing.
I think thats the normal with insurance mate. If they dont have anyone to claim against it can take its time..

I would call A-Plan and get them on the case. They were good when I spoke to them and thats why you pay them your beans!!..

It can also mess things up, if a dishonest person does not accept liabilty.

Hope it works out for you bud
Old 24 February 2009, 09:29 AM
Lewis!
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by daredevil
I think thats the normal with insurance mate. If they dont have anyone to claim against it can take its time..

I would call A-Plan and get them on the case. They were good when I spoke to them and thats why you pay them your beans!!..

It can also mess things up, if a dishonest person does not accept liabilty.

Hope it works out for you bud
seeing everyone of your 33 posts have been about how great a plan are it is obvious you work for them, so why not do the decent thing and help the guy out?
Old 24 February 2009, 09:49 AM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lewis!
seeing everyone of your 33 posts have been about how great a plan are it is obvious you work for them, so why not do the decent thing and help the guy out?
Interesting......

I thought I offered advice to call his broka....was not saying they were good.

Thanks for your comment tho mate...

You made us laugh in my office, never worked for an insurance company in my life...
Old 24 February 2009, 03:34 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

never worked for an insurance company in my life...
Don't blame you mate
Old 24 February 2009, 03:59 PM
daredevil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
Don't blame you mate
Your laughter still haunts me today Gary after I called you for a quote a year ago.

My Peugeot turbo did not have enough expereince for you, but im sure I will darken your door again in the near future

Long gone is my taxi of doom lol....
Old 24 February 2009, 04:06 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Your laughter still haunts me today Gary after I called you for a quote a year ago.

My Peugeot turbo did not have enough expereince for you, but im sure I will darken your door again in the near future

Long gone is my taxi of doom lol....
I was in the same position when i first got my Impreza, several underwriters said i lacked experience, despite the fact i'd been driving a 300bhp fwd car for 3 years previously.
Old 09 March 2009, 09:14 PM
waffoo
Scooby Regular

Me again. I am getting no where with my insurance company as the third party hasn't replied ect. Does anyone know of any lawyer firms that deal with claiming for damage to vehicles on a no win no fee basis.