Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keith Michaels insurance

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2008, 10:50 AM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keith Michaels insurance

Is Morley only good with ppl that have had there car over a year ?
Old 26 April 2008, 03:15 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pinchers
Is Morley only good with ppl that have had there car over a year ?
Depends on several factors.

If you've owned the car, or very similar (ie another Impreza/Evo) for a year, we'll be very cheap.

If you haven't owned the same car for a year, but have experience on performance cars (200+ bhp) we can still quote, and will still be competitive, but won't be quite so cheap.

If you haven't owned a performance car for over a year, it drastically reduces the amount of companies we use who'll quote, so although we can certainly quote you, it might not be as cheap.

Hope this helps

Gary
Old 26 April 2008, 04:28 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

I got a quote from you a week or so ago and one from A-plan, A-plan turned out cheaper by 3o bucks, i will give u another phone on monday to see if u can do anything with the price if thats ok as i need insurance for monday. I have owned the car for under a year you see, previous to this i had a civic type-r sooo sorta used to a bit of power and would rather get insurance thru yourself.
Old 26 April 2008, 04:42 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Gimme a call and i'll see what i can do
Old 27 April 2008, 12:42 AM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

Gary is the best Insurance company i have ever ever ever delt with, he really does look after you, and i have no issues getting him on the phone. For the 30 more that a plan are quoting id go for KM PLC every time, i had to pay 30pounds for putting my plate on with a plan, with KM PLC he sorted it out for me
Old 27 April 2008, 09:49 AM
scoobynewbie72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andygreer
Gary is the best Insurance company i have ever ever ever delt with, he really does look after you, and i have no issues getting him on the phone. For the 30 more that a plan are quoting id go for KM PLC every time, i had to pay 30pounds for putting my plate on with a plan, with KM PLC he sorted it out for me
I cant agree with that sorry, I havent yet had a call back from Gary after 4 attempts, I did get some other person try but they were well over priced compared to 2 or 3 companies never mind A plan(who was £65 cheaper),
Been driving almost 20 years, clean license and its a 3rd car so limited millage and its garaged.
Old 27 April 2008, 01:44 PM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynewbie72
I cant agree with that sorry, I havent yet had a call back from Gary after 4 attempts, I did get some other person try but they were well over priced compared to 2 or 3 companies never mind A plan(who was £65 cheaper),
Been driving almost 20 years, clean license and its a 3rd car so limited millage and its garaged.

Well I cant disagree with you more... As i said excerlant service from day one.

I am a busy person at work too and i know how hard it is to call every client back, They normly call me back if i have not spoke to them. If you have left messages with other people then i think they must have not been passed on.

Keep up the good work Gary
Old 27 April 2008, 03:02 PM
IanK Spec C
Scooby Regular

Default Moley did it for me!

I tried to renew my Road Tax online and it stated that they couldn't find an insurance record for me online. I sent Gary a SN PM on the Sunday to question if there was anything wrong at their end likely to affect this. He replied before 9am the following morning to advise it was due to my policy being within 14 days of renewal and suggested I call him to discuss my renewal. I rang at lunchtime (spoke to Gary straight away) and was pleasantly suprised to find out my insurance was £100 less than the previous year (no change in vehicle or circumstances).

When I got home, I'd also had a message left by Gary on my answering machine at 8:50am to ask me to call him.

I'm very happy with the service I've had so far!

Best regards,

Ian
Old 28 April 2008, 01:41 PM
pinchers
Scooby Regular

I phoned back Gary today to look at the price of the original quote I got and he managed to get me a better price which I went with.

Cheers again Gary.
Old 28 May 2008, 01:48 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

My current experience is also very good.
Old 01 June 2008, 09:59 PM
MTayler
Scooby Regular

Personally I think Keith Michaels are pretty poor and not a diverse enough company.
Sold my Scoob in Jan and ordered a new facelift Focus St.
When asking Gary about changing I was slapped for £40 admin fee, apparently this is because Highway are not competitive on any other vehicle, hmmm .
So the renewal comes in at £480 ( bearing in mind I have 13 years no claims and am no risk ) and apparently this is because I am now insuring a 19k car as oppose to a 12k car,regardless of fact the st is a lot lower group than a scoob, what b0!!ocks I think !.
So basically what Gary was saying is if I buy a Ferrari and insure it for 10k then it will be cheap as.
Was also told I won't get it any cheaper as everyone has put their prices up, funny that admiral have insured it for £315 with a lower excess.
To top it all I get back from my hols after telling Keith Michaels where to poke their quote and to send out my proof of bonus, only to find a letter telling my insurance has run out and what do I want to do !.

So in short I won't recomend them.
Old 01 June 2008, 10:06 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Both my cars and my friends cars are insured with KM via Gary, top service in all regards for me.

People have to realise that it is not a given that they will ALWAYS be the cheapest, some you win some you loose.

And for being charged an admin charge from an insurance company, do other companies not charge you then, I certainly have been charged by other insurers for changing details on the policy.

Recommended
Old 02 June 2008, 09:36 AM
Moley
Sponsor

1) The £40 was not an admin fee, it was an additional premium.
2) It wasn't £40
3) Don't be fooled into thinking insurance is just worked out on the grouping of the car, there are lots of factors which are taken into account.
4) Chase letters are automatically issued by the computer.

Not sure what i've done to upset you so much for you to reply with such a negative post
Old 02 June 2008, 02:33 PM
MTayler
Scooby Regular

Well how about 3 times you mis spelt my wife and I names so hence three certificates had to be sent out.
Cover notes always ran out and replacement never sent leaving me a tad vulnerable if pulled up by the old bill.
I'm sorry but personnally the service I recieved was not one of a firm desperately trying to keep my business.
My wife has been insured with Admiral for many years without fault so can safely say they are cheaper with no lapse in service.
At the end of the day if you don't get this feedback then you won't know how to change for the future.
Old 02 June 2008, 03:38 PM
Moley
Sponsor

To be fair to us the incorrect spelling was actually down the the insurers, we've always had it correct on our system. Not passing the buck, just clearing my name. I can make the insurers aware you're unhappy if you like?

I'm sorry if you feel you've had a bad experience with us, as you're obviously annoyed about it.

We can't always place every bit of business that comes our way, but we do try to help if we can.
Old 03 June 2008, 01:19 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

id love keith micheals to quote me happy but so far it hasnt happened, full no claims, 3 points 31 years old but still cant
Old 03 June 2008, 06:49 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pinchers
I got a quote from you a week or so ago and one from A-plan, A-plan turned out cheaper by 3o bucks, i will give u another phone on monday to see if u can do anything with the price if thats ok as i need insurance for monday. I have owned the car for under a year you see, previous to this i had a civic type-r sooo sorta used to a bit of power and would rather get insurance thru yourself.
I had that too but Gary/KM had a better policy to offer than A-Plan so I went with Keith Michaels. Everything was sorted in a day, much much better than Admiral/Elephant, which managed to drag a cover note out for 2 months while they confirmed my NCB I had to call them to get my certificate!

I'll be calling Gary up again come renewal time
Old 03 June 2008, 07:02 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bullitt_Rich
I had that too but Gary/KM had a better policy to offer than A-Plan so I went with Keith Michaels. Everything was sorted in a day, much much better than Admiral/Elephant, which managed to drag a cover note out for 2 months while they confirmed my NCB I had to call them to get my certificate!

I'll be calling Gary up again come renewal time
KM/Gary has been the best insurance company i've ever dealt with by along way.

Gary - I'll be calling you in the next couple of days to discuss my renewal
Old 03 June 2008, 09:02 PM
pinseeker
sandseeker & waterseeker

Thumbs up

I think you never know how good a company is until you need to use them.
A Polish lorry driver went into my car on the M25 & the service I have received from the insurance (I am a customer of Moley - Keith Michaels) has been excellent So a thumbs up for Keith Michaels from me
Old 03 June 2008, 10:18 PM
major
Scooby Regular

I gave up after 3 effort to contact Keith Michaels to arrange my car insurance and with A-Plan too,

So i've ended up with Perfomance Direct which beat my renewal from Tesco by also £100 !

So if i was you'all guy and gal please DO shop around.
Old 04 June 2008, 08:28 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by 340BHP-WRX
Gary - I'll be calling you in the next couple of days to discuss my renewal
No probs mate.

Won't be in untill after 10.30 tomorrow (dropping the car off for window tints) and am off Monday (having a re-map)
Old 05 June 2008, 01:05 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

I have been with Liverpool Victoria for about 6 years, and I spoke to Gary a while ago (last October I think) for a quote, and he gave me a very good price, however I didnt take him up on his quote, as I was really only putting the feelers out as to how much my Scoob would cost to put back on the road

Now after all that time I spoke to Gary the other day and not only has he quoted the same price as last October, but when I phoned back yesterday to confirm the quote and place the business he managed to knock another 30 quid off, so I have added my other car on a policy too

Both of which have come out much cheaper than Liverpool Victoria, and I think it was lunchtime/afternoon yesterday I finalised the details, I recieved all my paperwork for both cars including all relevant docs, forms to sign and most importantly both certificates in todays post

I have now spoke to Liv Vic to cancel my policies and they asked me why, and told them it was the Scoob quote was nearly double that of Gary's

Another satisfied customer

Now what I cant say is what KM's will be like in the event of a claim, but one thing is for sure I never actually want to find out, much like Liv Vic, 6 years of excellent service from them, but never a claim made or required
Old 05 June 2008, 01:07 AM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

When to Adrian F normally send out there renewal quotes, mines up in 2 weeks I think and havnt had an updated quote for next year yet.
Old 05 June 2008, 01:08 AM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
No probs mate.

Won't be in untill after 10.30 tomorrow (dropping the car off for window tints) and am off Monday (having a re-map)
Whats your direct number these days gary, couldnt drop us a pm could you?
Old 05 June 2008, 03:43 PM
drive
Scooby Regular

Default phone not ringing

my phone isnt ringing moley
lol
ceri
Old 05 June 2008, 04:02 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Pm me your number
Old 05 June 2008, 05:36 PM
340BHP-WRX
Scooby Regular

Just spoke to Gary and renewed my policy,gave me another cracking deal and took all of 2 minutes

Can't recommend Gary highly enough
Old 12 June 2008, 06:32 PM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

Quick question to Moley - Would a 194bhp 3.0l V6 engined car class as a performance car or is 200bhp the lowest limit?

James
Old 12 June 2008, 06:45 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JamesDundee
Quick question to Moley - Would a 194bhp 3.0l V6 engined car class as a performance car or is 200bhp the lowest limit?

James

There are quite a few "performance" cars with less than 200 BHP.
Old 12 June 2008, 08:07 PM
JamesDundee
Scooby Regular

Haha true, you know what I mean though :-)

Quick Reply: Keith Michaels insurance